Monday, April 4, 2011

how exciting is this?!!?

My friend Laura won her dream wedding!!!! Remember how last week I posted that you all should vote for Laura and her fiance Nolan because they were in the running to win a $100,000 dream wedding!!?!?!! YES. WELL THEY WON!!!!!!!! The winner was announced over the weekend!!!!

It was a pretty big event in our house. My mom is currently on vacay in Florida and before she left Kara and I said,

KARA AND JULIE: Now, we're not going to bother you with anything while you're on vacation.... But we'll let you know if Laura wins the dream wedding.

Here! Read this story and watch this news story about it!!!! It's so awesome. What a great thing. Laura and her family are such absolutely wonderful people and I've known them seriously like, for forever. Kara is BFF with Laura's sister, Mary. They're great people. What a great thing.

I'd like to send a huge blog congratulations to Laura and her fiance, Nolan!!! ♥♥♥♡♡♡


Now, where to go from there, right? I should have saved the most exciting news for last, but that's like the hardest thing ever. Sometimes, you just have to start out with the best.


I think I'm going to go with the numbering system to finish off the update. This won't be very long.

2. I worked for 11.5 hours on Saturday! HOLY CRAP, right?? It really brought me back to the ol' days working at Hannah House, where sometimes I'd work from 8am until 10pm. And then until 8am. It was confusing. But, it was long. So, on Saturday I worked in the coffee shop from 7am to 2pm, got home around 2:40, took a super super quick shower, left for work at 3:20, worked at Eddie Bauer from 4pm to 8:30pm and then came home. And then there was a little party at my house. Some awesome people came over. It was a funnnnnnn time.

3. I dyed my hair :( It got to the point where it was looking kinda blahhhhh. So, I picked out a nice dark brown shade and dyed it. All of it. No more teal :( It was very, very hard to say goodbye. But! It's hair! So, it's quite possible that there will be more tealing in the future. I also got a lovely hair cut from Tia at Great Clips in Dover, NH. This is the discount hair chain that opened up a store back in the winter. And, shortly after they opened, they had person dressed in a giant shampoo walking around on the sidewalk, and - they blew me a kiss. SO - I really wanted to go there. And WHAT A GREAT TIME. I just loved Tia. She was such a nice person and so enjoyable to talk to. And BONUS - what a great hair cut! I'm loving it. It's like, fresh and light and kinda bouncy. Super hott, if I do say so myself. So, I totally recommend Tia. I can't wait for my next cut.

4. Kara and I are starting a blog together!!!! A FOOD BLOG!!!!! It's not quite ready yet, but here's the idea: Kara is a great chef and a FANTASTIC baker. I'm a super awesome blogger, as you all know (haha). So, Kara will cook and bake and I will photograph and blog. Kara likes to experiment with new recipes and ideas in the kitchen, so why not share it all with the Universe?!?!?! That's right - the UNIVERSE. I'm pretty excited. I did some blog designing yesterday and I must say, it's quite hip.

5. And all that blog designing got me to thinking that maybe I want to revamp THIS blog.... I'm going back and forth. Like, total revamp. Update! Spring cleaning! We'll see.

6. New friends! With starting two new jobs, I have met lots of new people. Lots of new coworkers. And, I have to tell you that everyone I have met has been like, the most nice person ever. EVERYONE at BOTH JOBS is AWESOME. I feel like I have made so many new friends and gotten to meet some lovely souls. This makes me very happy, because, generally as a person whose work ethic is that of a princess, it makes going to work MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.

Speaking of princesses...

7. IT'S APRIL!!!!! ROYAL WEDDING MONTH!!!! Are you guys as excited as I am?!?! A normal girl is becoming a PRINCESS. It's awesome. Oh, Kate Middleton, she's so pretty. AND - the Royal Wedding is happening on the same day that the movie PROM is released!!!! I hope everyone has watched this trailer because I AM SO EXCITED. It's a movie all about prom. Planning the prom, buying a dress, who are you gonna ask!?!!?!? SO GREAT. I mean, YES, I'm all about the indie, low budget, foreign cinema flicks. I love them. But sometimes, you just need a movie about prom. And that's what PROM is. That will be a great day. Prom was so fun.


Hmm. And now, I believe it's that time of day where I take a nap. I'm pretty tired. And I have the day off. And it's raining outside. Perfect nap day.

I hope everyone has a great start to the week!!!!! I'll talk to you again soon!!!


☸ ☔ ☁


(that last one is a cloud... but it semi looks like a pile of dirt :/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment