Wednesday, December 22, 2010

freaking Garden State, man

FREAKING GARDEN STATE.

I felt like I needed to watch this movie tonight. Actually, I felt it last night, but didn't get around to it. So, I rainchecked for tonight. Yeah, I rainchecked with myself. Cause I'm cool like that.

Why do I always watch this movie with the thought that I will feel better about my life afterward?!?!! It NEVER happens.

FIRST OF ALL:

The movie ends and I think, "GOD DAMN WHY ISN'T MY LIFE SET TO MUSIC???" Yes, I think that. In real life. I expect awesome indie songs to play wherever I go.

SECOND OF ALL:

Why is everyone so awesome and beautiful in that movie?!?! Why does Natalie Portman talk in such a high pitched voice?!?

THIRD OF ALL:

So, he goes back to New Jersey and everyone still lives at home. This is so true in real life, except WAY LAMER. Like, Nat Port has this crazy family, Peter Sarsgaard has this weird mom. Everyone is like, working crap jobs and going to lame parties. WHY DOES IT SEEM SO COOL??? Am I the only one who's watching this movie thinking, "I want to go to a lame party!"

FOURTH OF ALL:

Running into people from high school. It's been happening a lot since I've moved back home. I kind of appreciate how awkward it is every time you see it happen, both in real life and in Garden State.

FIFTH OF ALL:

Actually I think this was the first time that I watched the movie and felt like I could relate a lot of my life to it. And that's making me sad. It's almost like a feeling of nostalgia for these things, some haven't even happened yet.

I guess I understood the movie in a new way.

I want a lot of things to happen right now. And I want them to happen during a rainstorm, at the bottom of a quarry, while Simon and Garfunkel play in the background.


And that was my Garden State rant.

oh wait,


SIXTH OF ALL:

The tap dance scene in front of the huge fireplace?? COME ON. #vom



freaking Garden State.

No comments:

Post a Comment