Saturday, December 11, 2010

t6rrrrrrrrry7

Ruby Tuesday just wrote that subject line. I was going to have it be some pretty line from a Taylor Swift song, but then she stepped on the keyboard and wrote that instead. Eh, I'll keep it.

Actually, I should have had the subject of this entry be I LOVE RIVER CITY EXTENSION SO FREAKING MUCH. They might just be the number one best thing about this year.

So, tonight was the big River City Extension show in Boston. They were playing at The Paradise opening for Dashboard Confessional. Big band, big venue. How did I find out about this show? Oh! Because Joe, the lead singer, notified me by posting on my Facebook wall. Yess, he did that. And I was excited for like, a month. Actually, I'm still excited about that. He let me know via Facebook wall post. AWESOME.

UNFORTUNATELY, I was unable to go to the show in Boston tonight because of my grandmother's 98th birthday celebration. Pretty good reason. My awesome family is hanging out together and it's great.

HOWEVER, I was very, very bummed out because the band has been releasing all sorts of tour dates, and none of them are very close to here... so I don't know the next time I'll see them. And I haven't seen them since September. Which, should be illegal. Like, illegal in every state. You must see River City Extension at least once a month. AT LEAST. When I'm president I'm making that a law. The law of RCE. It's gonna happen.

Anyways, so tonight I was still pretty sad about missing the show, so I tweeted this:


(the @rvrctyext is River City Extension's twitter name.)

AND THEN. AND THEN. And then!!!!!! I got a most wonderful response from Joe. He wrote:


Love that man. Love that band. How happy does River City Extension make me??? So incredibly happy. It's ridiculous. Seriously.

The band released a new song the other night at midnight on their Facebook page, and EVERYONE should go listen to it. It's called, 'Golden Tongue (Thanatopsis)' and it's maybe like, the best song ever. I had it stuck in my head all day today. For realz. So sad and so beautiful.

I just think about how awesome and wonderful that band is, and it's almost too much to handle. I listen to Joe's lyrics and I can't believe that he's saying these things in real life. It's just like, "yes. that's how it is." I'm continually amazed with the connection I feel to some of these songs.

If you haven't started listening to River City Extension YOU NEED TO RIGHT NOW. Because, friends, this band is incredible. And, um, did you read that tweet that Joe sent to me above? It was really nice. Best band ever.


gather up my soul and then,
give a piece to all my friends
let them know i tried my best
to keep the love and burn the rest



'keep the love and burn the rest.'

No comments:

Post a Comment