Tuesday, May 3, 2011

this night is sparkling

UPDATE:: I'm STILL in a great mood.


So much and so little has been going on in my life, I don't even know where to start...


1. FURR. I hope everyone knows this song. If you don't, you can check it out here. It's a song by the wonderful band, Blitzen Trapper. Keith got me into this band back in the fall. They are so great. Definitely check out their record, also titled 'Furr.'

Anyways - this song has been such a source of comfort to me. Like, it seems to fit into my life so beautifully, which is what I love about it. It's just a song about a transformation. A boy turns into a wolf one day, and his skin turns into fur and he lives with wolves for like, 6 years. And then when he meets the girl he's supposed to marry, his fur turns back into skin and he turns into a man.

I just listen to it and am like, "hey, it's okay." Like, being in a transformation phase, a life transition,an ending, a beginning, a fresh start... it's okay. It's all okay. Because one day, you'll turn into the person you're supposed to be. And sometimes lately, I just feel lost. Like, people enter my life, they leave, I enter, I leave, I move, I meet, I change, I learn, I cry because I'm heartbroken, I cry because I'm so happy, I'm inspired, I'm pathetic, I'm home, I'm out of place, I'm lost, I'm home again, I'm evolving.

But it's all okay. Because, one day, I'll turn into the person I'm supposed to be. But, right now, I feel like I've got the furr. I'm changing, man. I used to always think that big things never happen to me. But, they do. Things are happening. I've felt like, every emotion imaginable in the past 6 months and that's awesome and scary.

RIGHT NOW, however: i'm a rattlesnake, babe, i'm like fuel on a fire.

Love that lyric. I did feel like fuel on a fire today. I FEEL GREAT TODAY. Today is a good day. Fuel on a fire.

Here's Blitzen Trapper performing Furr on Conan. BONUS: they're also super cute.


2. Video of a kitten riding on a turtle. Don't think about it! Just watch. We might have watched this video a lot when I was in Brooklyn. MIGHT.


3. I dyed shirts purple tonight. Three of them. I asked my mom and Kara if they had anything they wanted dyed purple, and they both did! So great! Now we all have purple things!! There was one day where Kara and I were like, "Let's all wear plaid shirts today!!" So me, my mom and Kara all wore plaid shirts and went out to dinner. Yep. 'Cause we're that awesome. So, we'll wear the purple shirts on purple day.

I instituted Theme Days at Eddie Bauer, the retail store where I work. YEP. I was like, "hey guys, let's have THEME DRESS DAYS!!!!" And all the other associates were like, "UUGHHHHH" but the managers were like, "YES!" So, today was "T-shirt Tuesday." We all had to wear the Eddie Bauer essential tee, currently on sale for $7.99. (wow what a great deal.) They could be any color, but they had to be the t-shirt. It went awesomely. I loved it. And one of the managers, Jen, requested that I match my nail polish to my shirt. YEP. So, I woke up ten minutes early this morning to repaint my nails. GREAT. I'm kind of rocking that job. To the max. Obvi.

I have to come up with the next Theme Day. Something easy, but also fun and awesome. Maybe it will be Purple Day.

We should have Ruby Red Day on Friday, in celebration of Ruby Tuesday's birthday. Yep - she's turning 7!! I went out birthday shopping for her this afternoon. I'm not done yet. I couldn't get everything I wanted. That's right, I've known for weeks what she's getting for her birthday. I think I've told like, everyone I've come into contact with that it's Ruby's birthday this week. I mentioned it at work today, even. Yep - RUBY RED DAY. Too bad I'm not working on Friday. Oh, I just love Ruby Tuesday. She's the best.

I realize I've gone off the bullet points. Or, numbers, rather. This is still all under number 3. That's okay. I'm ending now anyways.

Yes, I must away to sleep. I'm very tired. Burnt out, if you will. Keeping with the 'fuel on a fire' theme. ALRIGHT! I hope everyone has lovely Wednesdays.

LAST WEEK ON WEDNESDAY: I actually said aloud, "I can't believe it's only Wednesday." And then I was like, "OMG I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT." Unexpected Crash Kings song title worked into normal conversation?!?!?! #AWESOME.

Also - I miss Crash Kings. Like, A LOT. Why can't they play a show around here!!!??? Like, NOW. I haven't seen them since D.C. in OCTOBER. That was like, a thousand years ago. Wow that was a great weekend.

Ohh ok. I'll go to bed now. Have a lovely rest of the week. Let's all continue to be in excellent moods.

Oh! More exciting news!!! About my dad!! He voted for the very first time ever!!!! The very first time EVER!!!!! He could never vote in the USA because he wasn't a citizen, but now that he moved back to the homeland, Canada, he can vote!! And they just had their big election!!! Isn't that cool? I think this is great. :)


OK. Excellent moods: GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment