Wednesday, July 27, 2011

feather extension fail (part 1)

GUYS. UGH. So, yesterday when I blogged, I said I was going out later to get my feather extension, which I've wanted for a very long time. And I just kept talking and talking and talking about it but never actually did it. SO, yesterday I was like, "TODAY IS THE DAY." So I went to the walk-in hair place that does feather extensions and I walked in and said,



JULIE: Hello! I would like some feather extensions please!



And the girl brought me over to her chair and I was getting omg omg omg soooo freaking excited and she gave me the selection of feather extensions and there wasn't any teal. And I said,



JULIE: Ohh, I'm actually looking for teal...

HAIR LADY: Ohh, well, this is all we have today, but the truck is coming with more tomorrow.



What is this no teal business???? Why didn't they have teal?! Clearly it's THE BEST. So, we worked out a deal where she was gonna call me when the truck came in and ASSURED me that there would be teal feather extensions on the truck.



So, cut to today, and I get a voicemail while I'm at work that the feather extension shipment has arrived and that I should come in tonight!!!



Now, ALL DAY at work I'm thinking of how awesome things will be once I get a feather extension. Awesome things will start to happen, I'm sure of it.



So, I RUSH home after work, CHANGE my clothes and RUSH BACK out the door to SPEED to the hair place.



I get there, the excitement building, and go inside... it's not the lady from yesterday. And on top of that - there were no teal feather extensions in the shipment.



NO TEAL. Twice in a row. They did have neon yellow, which would have been my second choice. And, I knew how badly I wanted one, and I was tempted... but knew that I just wouldn't be satisfied unless it was teal.



But I'm also thinking - maybe I'm not meant to get a feather extension?! I mean, I tend to think that everything happens for a reason, and this is twice now that I've been denied teal feather extensions.



So here's my next move: I knew that my friend Brittany has some feather extensions and that her sister is a hairdresser. So, I facebooked Brit to ask her if her sister did the extensions, and she did. So, I think I'll try and call to make an appointment at Brittany's sister's hair place to ensure I get teal and also (obvi) a great hairdresser!!



Don't worry, friends, I'll keep you updated on the feather extension saga. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat!!





OTHER NEWS IN MY LIFE:



1. The coffee shop that I work at is maybe becoming a bar! Which means that I would become a bartender! I'm excited about this prospect.



2. Kara's birthday is FRIDAY!



3. I took the very first step in becoming a boat captain!! Yeah, like, for realz!! I've been in touch with this guy, Captain Greg, and he teaches courses on how to get your master captain's license through a registered Coast Guard approved class!!



I've been feeling very bored and stuck in my life lately, especially still not knowing what I want to "be," and I keep coming back to boat captain, which I've joked about becoming ever since I was in like, 6th grade. More recently, the goal has turned to water taxi captain.



And so finally I was like, "WAIT. How come I can't actually do this if it's what I want to do???" So I said, "screw you, world, I'll become a boat captain if I want!!!"



The class doesn't start until October, but already the thought of learning navigation and charting skills has gotten me SUPER excited. Like, silly excited.



4. Kara got a grill this week for free!! Which means that everything we now eat is grilled. It smells really good. I like it. It's like Bobby Flay moved in or something.



5. I had a neon coral-y shirt that I had been wearing lately to hang around in, and I had been thinking it might look better with the neck cut out. So last night, I took the scissors to it and cut the neck out!!! It's amazing how much sexier you feel when something falls off your shoulder. Even if you're also wearing sweatpants. :)



6. I kinda want to go into work with Kara tonight. She said she might go in at like, midnight. Is it bad if I go in with her, eat a bunch of bakery items and then leave...?? You have to be quite disciplined when you have a baker for a sister. Something of which I am not..



7. Last night I was bored so I painted gold sparkly nail polish on over my bright pink nail polish and it was like, OMG HOW COME I DON'T DO THIS EVERY DAY?!?!?!





SPEAKING OF WHICH:





8. THIS IS WHY EVERYONE SHOULD CARRY A BOTTLE OF HOTT PINK NAIL POLISH AROUND ALL THE TIME:



The other day I had some time to kill before work and I was sitting in my car doing my hair and makeup (second time this summer), and I noticed that my nail polish was all chipped. And I couldn't go into work like that! But luckily, I carry a bottle of hott pink around with me at all times! In case of emergency!!! Like this!!! So, I quickly repainted and voila! Instant hott!



BRILLZ!



Alright!!!! I think that's it! I hope everyone has been having a lovely, great day and week!!



Talk again soon!!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. MOVING TOWARDS LIFE BOAT CAPTAIN GOALS!! = AWESOME!!

    HOTT PINK NAILPOLISH!! = AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete