Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Remember when I rewrote the ending to Harry Potter?

Yeah. Me too. I have a lot of things to talk about in this entry, and perhaps I'll make a list, but first - I want to talk about Harry Potter.

Remember when I rewrote the ending to HP7 after I finished reading the book?? I feel that was one of my best entries. I encourage you to go back and read that. That's vintage Livejournal, right there.

Anyways, so we went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. Watched it. And then it was over. Like, over. Folks, can I talk about how sad I am that Harry Potter is over? I was way more sad than I thought I would be. I first started reading the Harry Potter books RIGHT when they came out. Like, RIGHT.

Actually, I like to think that I was the first person in the country to read the first book. (Another reason why I should get some kind of compensation for this whole mania.)

And I actually remember like, opening the first book for the first time and starting to read it. In the back of my dad's car. The day before Kara's birthday. And I remember talking with my high school friends saying, "can you believe that we'll be in our 20's when the movies end!?!?!!" and how like, that was in FOREVER. And now it's already gone.

The end of Harry Potter is a big thing. It's been such a constant thing for like, almost half of my life, and I was very, very sad that everything was actually over.

I thought 7.2 was great. I had to keep reminding myself that it is just the second part to the first movie, and like, all these things have happened before. It jumped RIGHT into the story, which I was happy about, but I would compare it to watching the second disc of Titanic after not watching the first disc for like, 6 months.

I also had to keep convincing myself that YES, Lord Voldemort IS the same dreamy actor in The English Patient and The Constant Gardener. Also, Maid in Manhattan. Classic Ralph Fiennes. Man, I just hate Voldemort so much. The scene in the end when he tries to give Draco a hug is heartbreaking. I mean, it's funny, because it looks like he's never given anyone a hug before. But, it's heartbreaking because it looks like he's never given anyone a hug before.

I just think he's such a great character.

Anyways. It's a great movie. Great books. I am very sad it's over. It was a very emotional night.


ALRIGHT. Moving on.


I dyed my hair the other night! It's once again dark brown. I did this in preparation for my FEATHER EXTENSION, which I am getting today. I know, I know, everyone has them and it's probably not even cool anymore. But - I don't care. Like, at all. I want one very badly and today I am finally going to get one. Or two. There will be teal in my hair once again!!!!!! Ooohhhhh I miss my teal streaks sooooo badly.

Also, I still really want my tattoo.

So, the other night we were all watching something and there was a preview for the TV show Pretty Little Liars, on ABC Family. Kara and I finished watching the commercial and were both like, "WHAATTTTTTT?????" This show looked amazing. Both of us thought it was a show similar to The Secret Life of the American Teenager, or whatever it's called, so we thought nothing of it. But after seeing this commercical - WE HAD TO KNOW MORE.

So, we started downloading the first season. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS SHOW IS ABOUT?!?!?! Let me tell you.

This group of high school girls are super hott. Also, super gossipy, thanks to the "queen bee" of the group, Alison. One night, they're out having a sleepover in this creepy barn place, and Alison disappears. And she's missing for an entire year and the rest of the group of girls lose touch and aren't friends anymore. Then, the police find Alison's dead body. The girls are brought together at the funeral for their former best friend, and it's very sad. BUT, after the funeral, they all receive a text message from an unknown number, and the message is signed, "A."

So then, this person "A" starts leaving them notes, and texts and emails, saying things that only Alison would know. So, the group of girls are brought back together as friends and are trying to figure out who is sending the messages.

The show also includes: student/teacher make out sessions, affairs, lesbian affairs, car crashes, bombs, a mean blind girl (or is she blind?!!?), peeping Toms, plagiarism, girls making out with their future brother-in-laws, lots of secrets and lots of lies. AMAZEBALLS.

It's pretty awesome. It's like True Blood combined with Gossip Girl. We're loving it.


Hmm. I thought I had a bunch more to talk about. Like, a bunch more. But now I can't think of anything.

KARA'S BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEEK! I'm pretty excited. I love birthdays. Everyone has them!!

I've had a really relaxed work schedule lately. It's been weird and sporadic.

I'm excited for the Friends with Benefits movie to come out.. Kara and I were wondering if it could possibly end the same way as No Strings Attached...? Thoughts?? This is pretty important. I mean, you would think that Justin and Mila would be a good match, just like Ashton and Nat Port.

Also funny, that Ashton and Justin are friends, and Mila and Nat Port were in Black Swan together and they both did movies about literally the exact same thing. Although, I haven't seen Friends with Benefits and maybe there is some way deeper plot line that No Strings Attached didn't have. Buuuttt....... I doubt that.

Today is the anniversary of the 26th of July movement. The start of the Cuban Revolution! When Fidel Castro overtook the Moncada Barracks. A bloody, bloody day in Cuban history.

Alright! I'm off, I guess. I can't believe I can't think of more to talk about. I could've sworn there was more. I'll think of it later.

Everyone have a great day!! It's cool today! I like it!

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie, I think about that end-of-HP-rewrite EVERY TIME I read a news report about Potter fever. And I always expect whoever's writing the report to mention it - "Rowling's 7th book, whose final pages were rewritten by the controversially brilliant Julie Evans" - and it takes me a bit to realize that they probably haven't read it. I should start sending it to them, probably. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIE! that rewrite of HP7 was the most brilliant blog post/rewrite/harry potter revival EVER. i wish we were in mod 16 right now to re-inact it again. right now. oh man. you are so brilliant.
    elizabeth is so right. about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, i just re-read that post, and it's as brilliant as i remember, but way more random at the end. how did you immediately go to "i keep thinking that tomorrow is thursday. i am so confused."

    that's skilled blogging right there. great transitions!

    ReplyDelete