Wednesday, February 10, 2010

you get back up and still you fall

i should have known a bad day was coming...


- went to bed at 3am very excited because kara was coming to visit me today!

- woke up at 8:53am to a text message. kara wasn't coming. and then we had a text fight.

- couldn't fall back to sleep.

- got up around 9:35am. suuuuuper early. was in a bad mood.

- then i checked my email and was in a good mood because of a wonderful blog comment i got! a fellow concert junkie was totally supporting my 'Crash King Concert Roadtrip Weekend.' i was so, SO excited to read this.

- just by talking about Crash Kings online i feel like i have met some great people. wonderful fans. and i'm very happy about this.

- then, i decided to find a home for my new flip clock. i cleared off the shelf above the sink, below the window and then dusted it. and then thought, "hm, where can i put all this stuff?"

- and then i remembered i have that cabinet next to the sink that i never use or open because it's full of harmful chemical cleaning supplies that was left here by the previous owners. and i thought, "i could probably move that stuff." and i opened up the cabinet, took out all the bad and moved it under the sink, which is a cabinet i never open at all because it's really gross looking under there.

- once all the bad was out of that cabinet, i scrubbed it clean with plant based cleaners! it's actually a really nice cabinet.

- then Ruby immediately hopped in. i had to coax her out with cat treats.

- and then again with a toy, after she immediately hopped back in.

- and then i moved my cutting boards down there along with my.... what's it called?

KEVIN: The bowl with the holes in it!
JOE: It's called a kah-line-der.
KEVIN: It's a calendar!
NICK: It's a COLANDER!!

oh, it's a colander. thanks, nick.

and then i moved ALL my plant based cleaning supplies under there too! it looks so neat and organized.

- then i moved my clock to the shelf! put some of the stuff back up there. just made it more nice looking.

- i was quite pleased with my kitchen accomplishment of the day. then i made some coffee.

- and then i talked to my dad on the phone! i was happy about this. he's going to start taking a class every wednesday at a local college! it's called, Core Canadian Values:

The core Canadian values are peace,order, good government, and respect for diversity. How are these abstract ideals articulated and honoured when applied to core institutions such as the family, work, health, business, military, the arts, education and the environment? Readings, guest speakers and class discussions will shape how we express our diverse perspectives. Listening with respect is a requirement, but our democracy doesn't expect 100% consensus.

great! i'm really excited for him. he started today!

- then i got sad because he's on the Canadian west coast and i'm here and i miss him.

- then i started getting text messages from Kara that made me think we were no longer fighting. she was telling me she was going to open up a Dunkin Donuts. i said i would support her as long as she hired me as a flatbread sandwich/apple fritter maker and she carried the Dunker's Vanilla Chai in the store. she said yes to both of these things.

- but then i guess we got into a fight again. which left me crying for like, an hour and half.

- then i decided to watch 17 Again because i figured it was nice eye candy, and would take my mind off of everything.

- and i was productive during the movie! i set up a large file folder to start using to file my important things away. i made homemade tab dividers out of teal paper. that was good.

- then my mom called because i had written her an upset email. which caused me to become upset again. but, she's coming up to see me this weekend and i'm really excited about that.


- and now i'm blogging and eating Spree. that yummy candy. i like the flavor of the outside part, but i don't like sour things. but, i'm eating them anyways.

i burnt my tongue yesterday on tea and it still hurts.

OH, what also still hurts is the huge slice i have on my hand from Ruby Tuesday this morning! she was in one of her crazy scary moods and decided to take it out on my hand, as usual.

it was a surprise attack. i was sitting at the kitchen table and she jumped up from the floor, latched onto my leg, i went to push her away, and she sliced my hand instead.

it's a huge scratch from below my middle finder to beyond my pinky finger. on my right hand. it bled a lot. and it still hurts.


i'm tired. i assumed i would take a nap today at some point because i got up so early. but, nope.

and, ya know what? it was actually pleasant to be awake during morning hours. like, between 10am-noon. especially because i got something accomplished.

i can't remember the last time i was happy to be awake so early. and willingly awake! and i feel like i've been awake a whole day! like, morning, afternoon, and now night. it's strange.

maybe i'll go to bed early tonight and do the same thing tomorrow.

i made popcorn today. that was fun.

actually, i might have to get up early either tomorrow or friday. because i have to go to the grocery store before my mom gets here saturday morning. i'm running low on coffee and didn't realize it until today. and i might be working tomorrow night. and i'm definitely working friday night.

okay. i think that's all. that JoBros clip made me really happy. everybody should follow @joejonas on Twitter because it's really funny. and he's always talking about how him and Robert Schwartzman hang out everyday. which, is weird, yet really hott.

oh! i know something else i accomplished today!

i figured out how to tweet photos from my phone and have them show up on twitter! this was something that amazed me, but i couldn't figure out how to do it. this was my fourth attempt. and i got it!!!!!!

i really don't like my phone. it kind of reminds me of Hampshire College's "The Hub" online system. it was really inconvenient and unnecessarily complicated.


oh, speaking of Hanson, here is something else that makes me happy!

wait, i wasn't just talking about Hanson. was i? hold on.

nope. i was talking about the Jonas Brothers, but looking at a picture of Hanson on Twitter. (they just tweeted that they're all having dinner together. and there was a photo.)

which made me think of Tulsa, Oklahoma, where they're from. which made me think of the recent Crash Kings tweet that said, "on our way to Tulsa!" as well as the recent Paper Tongues tweet that said, "we're headed to Tulsa!"

BECAUSE, Crash Kings and Paper Tongues are playing another show together TOMORROW, the 11th, in TULSA.

so, all you Tulsans who read my blog - get out to the show. it will ROCK.

and that's what makes me happy.

anyway. ok, i'm done.

hope you all had a good day. i guess my dad was overall good, but sputtered with bad. that's better than overall bad, sputtered with good.

sputtered? is that the right word? is that even a word at all? spattered? is that the right word?

ah, i don't care.

ok. have a good night. and a good day tomorrow. take care.

with love.



fake a smile and only guarantee that nobody knows the difference...


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment