Saturday, June 26, 2010

Episode 460: Shhh....there's a sleeping baby!

I'm in the living room right now. Not of my apartment, but of the giant house I live in. And I'm watching a sleeping baby. Today is the first day I'm meeting this baby. His mother is out taking a walk. He is so big! And very sweet.

Had to monitor the two of them overnight last night, since it was the first night he was here. He's a good baby! He'll fuss for a minute, and then as soon as mom goes over to him, he'll quiet down.

I got into bed last night around 2am, with the baby monitor. I had to turn the volume all the way up because it was harder to hear with the AC on. I guess last summer there were no babies in the house, so it wasn't a problem. Baby was quiet, but I didn't fall asleep until around quarter to 4.

Baby woke me up at 4:26am. Fussy. I was awake until around 5 or so, because, after 40 minutes of sleep, I was wide awake.

Woke up again around 8 when the baby started fussing. But at 8am I'm off shift - so I got to turn off the monitor, unplug the phone and go back to sleep!!

And I slept until 11:20am. My alarm went off. I needed to go to the post office before it closed so I could get my Netflix.

Got dressed. Went to the post office. I hadn't been there in a while. They were happy to see me!!! It wasn't the Ruggedly Handsome Postman working, but it was the other guy who's really nice.

NICE POSTMAN: Movie time for Miss Julie!
JULIE: Yep!
NICE POSTMAN: I think there's three back there...
JULIE: There should be! It's going to be a good weekend...
NICE POSTMAN: It's supposed to rain, so staying inside and watching movies should be no problem!!

Yep. They love me in there. I love them too. It's arguably the best post office in the country.

Then I came home, made some coffee, had an english muffin and then got ready for work. Which is where I am now! It's just me and the baby. We all just watched 13 Going on 30. Baby stayed awake for that. DUH - because it's awesome.

Ohhhhh Mark Ruffalo you steal my heart.

My dad is coming up tonight! This is weird, I think it might be the first weekend in like, 3 months that I haven't gone somewhere. Haven't gone home to Maine. Haven't gone on a crazy adventure.

Kind of a bummer that I have such limited time off again. I was REALLY getting used to leaving whenever I wanted. Going out past 10pm!!!! CRAZY!!!! Back to the grind.

Although, I kind of think it was all justified. I mean, ever since I've started working here I've had to plan my time off so wisely. 2 nights off a month doesn't go very far when there are such things as Crash Kings roadtrips to take.

I'm already planning out my nights off for July, because I'll need a lot of them. Same with August. I think August will be trickier.

ANYWAYS. my shift is over. it's 3:30pm. working again tonight starting at 10pm! until 4pm sunday. GREAT. i'm going to bring some movies to work. today when i got there, Kangaroo Jack was playing. and i don't want any more of that.

also - i talked to my mom yesterday and she was like,

MOM: Yeah, I think I might be interested in going to the Crash Kings show in Portsmouth with you.

UM, AWESOME. SO AWESOME. it's so hard to get my family excited about the things i love. so, i was very excited when she:

1. was excited to find out they were playing Portsmouth before i knew
2. wants to come along!!

it'll be great. i hope Jo can come! and Kara! OKAY!

my dad is coming tonight. i think i told you that already. well, he should be here fairly soon.

have a great saturday night!!!! tell me what fun plans you have!!


<3

1 comment:

  1. I thought my hours were crazy; only 2 nights off a month? And working 10pm to 4pm? Good God!
    Groovy that you're getting your Crash Kings freak on too. Can ya stand the waiting? I can't!!!

    ReplyDelete