Tuesday, September 7, 2010

gotta have that funk

OHHHHHH BOY.

I don't know. I've been non-stop working, it seems. Let me complain:

I started working at 10pm on Sunday night. Worked straight until 11am on Tuesday morning. Had a 1.5 hour break, where I ate some cereal and took a nap. Then had staff meeting from 12:30 to 2:45. And now I'm working 3:30pm until 8am.

8am will be GREAT. Ohhhh yes. I guess I didn't really realize it until Monday night, when I was excited to get into bed, but then realized I still had to get up early again for more work. NOT FUN.

But Wednesday I have absolutely no plans. I'm going to relax.

I had to make like, a million phone calls today. Didn't like it.

In other news:

--- I finished season 1 of Glee! Better late than never, eh? MAN. I don't know what it was - but I was pretty much crying through the last five episodes. Especially the Neil Patrick Harris one (which I think might have been my favorite of the whole season) and the finale.

But - Idina Menzel mixed with 'I Dreamed A Dream' from Les Miserables - YES - that brought the tears. Just because it was so beautiful. And I simply LOVE Idina Menzel.

Also, I'm very happy about Jonathan Groff. Basically happy that he is a human, because he's a hottie with a great voice. His duet of 'Hello' with Lea Michele was beautiful.

CAN'T WAIT for Season 2!!


--- This morning when I got back home and didn't have to work, I ate some cereal and then took a nap. And little Ruby Tuesday was so happy!! As soon as I got back into bed, she came running down the hall and jumped up with me. She's so cute! And then I lifted up the covers and she crawled right under and fell asleep. And she was still sleeping there when I had to get up and go down to staff meeting at 12:30. She's the best!!!


--- Ohhhh I'm tired.


--- I think I might watch Rent tomorrow.


--- I'm going to Six Flags on Saturday. Yeah, kind of dreading it. I'm not an amusement park person. I don't like rides. But, I'm taking the two residents here, so I'll get paid for it. And I won't have to pay for my ticket. Or food. So, it's really just a day I have to get through. I have no idea what I'm going to do the whole day.


--- I like the new iTunes logo. Version 10.0. Thoughts? I can't even remember what the old one looks like.


--- Ooooo maybe I'll make pancakes for supper. Or, maybe I'll be too tired and just make a sandwich. I hate cooking. I wish I could employ Kara as my personal chef/baker.


--- Sooooo excited for next Wednesday! Going down to CT for more RCE! I'm really excited to have the night off and to get away from here. Not to get away from Ruby, though.


--- OH. I KEEP MEANING TO TELL YOU ABOUT THIS AMAZING SAGA I'M GOING THROUGH. And I usually forget - but not tonight! Oh, it's a great story. An epic story filled with war and bloodshed, tears and.... CLOCKS. That's right - clocks.

You see, I have these two clocks in my bedroom - my iPod alarm clock and my CD player alarm clock. The CD player clock has a red digital display, so we'll call that clock 'red' and the other clock 'gray.'

So, one night a few weeks ago, I accidentally stepped on the power switch to my power strip on the floor, shutting off the power to my room. This meant that both clocks needed to be reset. So, I reset the gray clock to be 3 minutes faster than the red clock.

THEN, one night last week, I happened to look at the clocks and notice that the red clock was ONE MINUTE FASTER than the gray clock. Amazing, no?

And then last night we had a mini-power outage. All the power went off at the same time, in the whole house and on the whole street, and then about 5 minutes later, everything came back on again. Which meant that the two clocks should have been back on at the same time.

But when I finally got upstairs to my bedroom, I checked the times, and the red clock was still about 5 seconds faster than the gray clock.

ISN'T THAT CRAZY?! You have no idea how incredible I thought this was. That one clock would be fast enough to actually surpass other clocks in time. AMAZING! And why? Shouldn't all clocks be on the same time rhythm? It made me think that I was living in a time warp.

Ok, so maybe there was no war or bloodshed in that story, but I think it's pretty weird. Don't you? It's weird, right?



--- Ok. I think that's pretty much all. For now. Things have kind of been work, work, work lately. Or, at least that's how it feels.


Hope everyone is having a great week! Enjoying the cool weather. I certainly am. GOODBYE SUMMER. I am not sad to see you go. NOT ONE BIT.

Alright! Have great nights! Talk to everyone later!!!


love,
julie

1 comment:

  1. clocks are all relative, my clock says 6:36 now, but yours probably is 3 hours ahead, give or take 5 secs.
    'Spring ahead, Fall back'

    ReplyDelete