Friday, September 24, 2010

SLAP THAT BASS!

I was having a Crash Kings video watching party last night in honor (actually in my state of withdrawl/depression) of having it be the longest I have gone without a live show, and so I was watching the playlist of Crash Kings videos from when we saw them in Portland, ME.

IN MY OPINION: Best concert ever. Or, that we've seen from them. I thought everything came together to be quite perfect. Energy wise? It would probably be the Middle East show from August. With the Mercury Lounge show from May coming in second.

YOU GUYS - this will be the FIRST month I HAVEN'T seen Crash Kings. Since December! I've seen them at least once a month. AAGGGOONNNYYYYY!!!!!! MISSERRRYY!!!! HORRORRR!!!!

Anyways. What was I saying?? Oh yeah! I was going to relate this back to the subject of this entry.

SO, while I was rewatching the videos, I can't remember what song it was in... but someone yells to Mike, "SLAP THAT BASS!!" I laughed to myself.

I'm sure they were referring to the lines from the movie, 'I Love You, Man,' and not the classic Gerswin song sung by Fred Astaire in Shall We Dance. Either way - I laughed.

SO! I've forgotten to mention some things that I wanted to mention. Let's begin:


1. I've had this article opened in my tabs ALLLL FREAKING WEEK. And I keep meaning to post it, and then I forget. NO, it's not the Hanson article from last week. (this kind of situation happens a lot. Hence why I always have like, a billion tabs open.)

REMEMBER MY FRIEND HOLDEN?!? In the band Breakthrough Frequencies?! I see him when I go to The Space. Well, he posted this article to Facebook the other day and I was so impressed by it, that I saved it and said, "I have to post this for MY friends!!"

So, you know how sometimes people will interview big shot music people and be like, "what is on your iPod right now? What songs inspire you?" WELL - this newspaper from New Haven, CT asked Holden those very questions!! And he answered them! Like a big shot music person!! I couldn't believe it! I was like, "wow! I know that guy!!" Super cool.

So, please check out the article here! Holden talks about his fave songs and songs that inspire the sound of Breakthrough Frequencies. NICE. That's a win.


AND IN OTHER EXCITING FRIEND NEWS....


2. RYAN! Yes, my friend Ryan, has a GIG tomorrow night!!! Saturday night!! And I'm going!! Super excited about this. One of her music teachers has an awesome band and they asked Ryan to sing with them! YES. Here's the link - it's the first concert listed. Jazz, Yiddish and Beyond!! I can't wait. I really enjoy some good klezmer. I'm gonna try and get my mom to come with me, but she doesn't know that yet. Not sure if they'll allow cameras or what, but if they do - get ready for some great pictures! I'm totally going to be like an excited mom. I'm just so excited for Ryan! A gig! With a real band!

Also looking forward to some sweet jassss music. Also looking forward to the clarinetist. I think there'll be one. And as a former clarinetist myself, I enjoy watching it in action.

Ha, actually, I hated playing the clarinet. Why did I do it for so long? I remember in 6th grade I used to talk about randomly leaving my clarinet places. Throwing it off of a bridge, I think, also.

Yep. Dedicated music student, right here. I was a dedicated choral student. I remember when I was a junior in high school, I had a day where I had dance class in the morning, then treble choir, then chamber singers. What a great day, right?! The best. Ohhhh I loved chamber singers. And treble choir.

And the jellyfish. (anyone get that?! the jellyfish!!?? REMEMBER!?! any former chamber singers reading?!?! anyone!??)


WELL. That might be all I have to talk about. Two excited friend things!! Pretty awesome. I know I spend a lot of my time talking about gorgeous rock stars, but now it's MY FRIENDS who are the gorgeous rock stars!! Nice!

Did I mention my sleep schedule last night? I'll take some time to do that now:

- finally fell asleep around 4am
- woke up at 5:32am
- woke up at 6:15am

that's it! And I'm still awake! And it's currently 9:18am. Friday. 24th September. I'm working right now. From 8 to 11ish.

I'm sleeping with the baby monitor on, so it's always an extra struggle to sleep. Most of it usually happens during the daylight hours. Except on days when I'm working. Like right now. I'll probably take a nap when I get done with work. Assuming I'm tired.

If I fall asleep when I'm not tired and I wake up for some reason during the night, I will still not be tired. And it will take me a while to fall asleep. And then most likely, I'll wake up again, and STILL not be tired. This will continue until I am pretty exhausted. And then I'll sleep all day.

Anyways. Enough about my messed up night schedule. I have no idea how I could work a real job. Or, a job with "traditional" hours. I guess mostly likely I won't be sleeping with baby monitors in my bed.

ANYWAYS. I have to go pick up a resident at work and bring her to an appointment. So, I'll talk to everyone later! What a great entry, right?! Yes! I have great friends. And these are new friends. What great new friends! Talented friends. I think I hang out with the right crowd.

Ok! Have great Fridays! I'll talk to everyone later! End of the week hooray!

Enjoy the day!!


LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment