Wednesday, November 10, 2010

blog break

Having a blog is great for many reasons. One of them being procrastination. What was that great quote on Bored to Death recently?? I just got caught up on the most recent 2 episodes... it was like, "I don't procrastinate...I just like to do things later." Or something. Haha. That's funny. If that's the right quote.

Anyways. I've been packing and cleaning and gathering for a while now and I'm tired. Actually, I've been tired all day. I woke up to a lovely good morning text and then immediately wanted to fall back to sleep. For like, the next 4 hours. And then I had like, an hour where I was really motivated. But now I'm back to the wanting sleep. I sat on the kitchen floor for a while, and then decided to move into my bed. Or, my sleepover in the living room. It's really easy to feel tired when the only place to sit comfortably in your house is also your fake bed.

Ruby Tuesday loves the fake bed. She loves curling up in the sleeping bag and taking naps. mmmm so do I.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you a few pictures of things I found today. They are awesome.





THE CHE*ROLET!!!!! Everyone remember the che*rolet? From my senior year at Hampshire. Joe and Aliya went out one night shopping and came back with TONS of great stuff, including a silver remote control truck, Chevrolet brand.

I can't exactly remember what events occurred up to the truck being painted and decorated, but EVENTUALLY - it became the Che*Rolet.




See that? We just covered up the V in Chevrolet with a red star and it becomes the Che*Rolet! And in the top picture, that's a magnet in the shape of Che. Like, a finger puppet magnet. And he drives the Che*Rolet.

I guess I kind of got everyone excited about Che that year, since I was intensively studying the Cuban Revolution in my Div 3. Remember my Div 3? That made for some great blogging.

Anyways. I am very excited every time I see the Che*Rolet because it reminds me of how much fun I have with my friends. And how awesome they are.


SO THEN,


I was cleaning out my bedroom and found some loose CD's. I turned them over to see what they were, and this is what I found:




My October Break mix and Thanksgiving mix both from 2007. What possessed me to write 'ya'll' after both titles??? I have no idea. But I thought it was kind of hilarious. And funny finding them together, right?

Even back then I loved making new playlists. I would make a new CD like, anytime I went anywhere. Every drive that was over like, 30 minutes deserved a mix CD. I think it kind of rocked. And then of course, I moved on to making virtual playlists on my iPod. But, my lame iPod car radio hookup would sometimes not work out in Western Massachusetts, therefore I needed a trusty CD.

However, now that my fancy car, Morgan, has a MP3 hookup, we're good to go. All the time, every time. "60% of the time, it works every time."

ANYWAYS. I just made a new playlist today. I texted Keith this morning to randomly let him know that I had that Eve 6 song 'Here's to the Night' stuck in my head. I have no idea why this song was stuck in my head, but it was. And then he texted back like, "that song used to play at the same time as such classics as 'Drops of Jupiter' and 'Yellow.'" And then I was like, OMG PLAYLIST HERE I COME!

So, I made a playlist of great songs from the 90's and early 2000's.

- here's to the night
- barely breathing
- black balloon
- two princes
- lovefool
- crazy for this girl
- wonderwall
- mmmbop (don't judge, you know i'm a Hanson fan)
- i'll be
- jumper
- sex and candy
- save tonight

Just to give you a quick selection. (Maybe there was also some Britney... maybe.) Anyways, it's been great. Love having a new playlist.

Also, I took out my bedroom air conditioner today. And ripped my leggings in the process. Yep. Ripping clothing left and right. I was bummed. But, they were like, 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, so I can easily replace them. And, I'm still wearing them right now, so it's not that bad.

One of the things I've been very worried about moving in the bass pick I have from Mike. Of Crash Kings. The one that Kara got for me at their show in Providence last February. (that's kind of a funny entry, I would suggest you re-read it.) (also, there are pictures of the pick.)

Anyways, so I wasn't sure how or where to pack the pick so as to ensure it's safety in the moving process. It's been on my kitchen counter ever since February so I can look at it every day. For real.

So then I decided to TAPE IT TO MY LAPTOP. Yep. And so I took a big piece of packing tape, and taped it on. Now I know it will stay safe and I'll know where it is at all times. I think it's brillz.

Ok. So now I've just been re-reading old post-Crash Kings concert reviews. I re-read the first time I ever talked to Tony and like, how it was super awkward and he totally made fun of me because I wanted them to play 'Carry On' twice in the same set. Hey, it's a GREAT song.

And like, thinking about that time, and then thinking about the time last weekend when he immediately gave me a hug while dressed as a woman - I mean, it's just so great. Like, it's just SO GREAT. Great man. Great music.

Alright. I've wasted enough time. I have to get back on track now. My plan is to go to bed EARLY tonight and then get up EARLY tomorrow morning and continue packing before I have to go to work MY LAST SHIFT. :(

I have to say goodbye to babies :( I'm not looking forward to that. Especially the one baby who I've known for like, 5 months.

So, my "early" bedtime tonight will be MIDNIGHT. And my "early" awake time tomorrow will be "9am." Or.... maybe "10am." Maybe I'll do bedtime at "1am" and awake time at "10am."

Wow, I just started putting everything in quotation marks there. Like, I just went crazy. No, I'm gonna try and stick to midnight. And 10am. That sounds nice.

Today, I was packing up some food items that I can take with me. Like, baking supplies and things. And, I put the bag of confectioners sugar in another bag and then continue to go though the cabinets.

And then I hear all this plastic being ripped and look over, and Ruby Tuesday is nose deep in confectioners sugar! She had ripped open the two bags and was licking the sugar. I was like, "No Ruby! What are you doing?!!" It was funny. So, now I have to throw away the sugar. Luckily I caught her pretty early on, I suspect there would have been a big mess.

Also, I meant to put this item on the blog list that I made yesterday when I couldn't remember everything to talk about. And, this is the one I forgot.

This is a pretty good story.

SO. The other night, I'm in the shower, taking a shower, like you do, and everything was normal. It was nice. And, I start washing my hair, when suddenly the water starts to lose pressure very quickly. Until... there's no water. And I'm like, "ummmmmm." So, I wait a little while. Still no water. Then, I turn off the water and then turn it back on again. Still no water.

JULIE: Great. I love living in a house with 4 teenage girls.

(that was sarcasm.)

So, I got out of the shower with shampoo hair. I wrapped it up in a towel. It seemed to be okay. I recounted this story to Keith on the phone immediately after, and then told him about the 'vomditioner' incident of 2009. Where I made my own conditioner out of bananas..... yeah. Gross. He was pretty grossed out too. And LUCKILY - everything in my life goes in the blog, and the vomditioner got it's own entry.

OK. This entry was seriously just supposed to be focused on those pictures and that was all. But of course, it turned into a production. A great one, though.

And NOW, I have to get back to being productive. I need to get in "packing mode," which I haven't actually been in at all ever.

Ohhhhhhh it was TORTURE this afternoon. I hated it SOOO MUCH. At this point, I literally just wish I had huge bags to throw things in and be done with it all.

I mean, I kind of do, they're called garbage bags. Maybe I'll just do that. My goal today was to have my bedroom all cleaned out. I'm like, kind of almost there.

Alright. Hope everyone is having a great night! This morning I woke up and one of the first things I thought was, "I can't believe it's only Wednesday." (lyrics from the Crash Kings song, 'It's Only Wednesday.')

OK FOR REAL. I'm going now. I promise.

I think I might River City Extension it up for the last of the bedroom cleaning. And by the end of their record - I WILL HAVE MY ROOM CLEAN.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!!

Nice. Now I have a personal goal to work towards. I think that's what I need to do more. Personal goals. And then if I blog about them, so everyone knows, I think they're more important and I might actually work towards them. Like, a competition!!

Today I was cleaning out my kitchen drawer and found an old fortune from a fortune cookie that said, "You enjoy competitive sports." Immediately I laughed and said, "um, no." But perhaps I do!!! MIND SPORTS!!!

Competitive Mind Sports. That's what I'll call my personal goals. Ok, NOW I'm kind of excited.

I love blogging. All my best ideas come from the blog. Thanks, friends.

I'll let you know how the RCE/room cleaning goal goes. :)


TAKE CARE!

1 comment: