Tuesday, April 6, 2010

i am 75% cooler. (maybe 80%...)

folks, it's been a long road. a long, hard road to get to where i am today. lots and lots of uncool, unhott days. tormented and tortured from my normal hair, i somehow kept going. kept going, kept struggling, kept fighting.

how long have i talked about streaking my hair teal? by my count, it's been about five years. FIVE YEARS. for five years, it's been just a thought. just a conversation. just a dream.

a totally awesome, totally hott dream that is now REALITY.

i am finally a complete human being and after 24 years of being lame, i am finally cool. FINALLY.

you.have.no.idea.how.happy.this.makes.me.

not the cool factor, but the teal factor. THE TEAL FACTOR.

what i am about to show you may shock you. your computer may explode with awesome. don't say i haven't warned you. GET READY. GET STEADY. GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(i had a photo shoot that probably lasted longer than it should have.....)





(TEAL HAIR AND RED PLAID SHIRT OMG!!!!!!)



the streak on my right came out way brighter because the hair was way more bleach-blonded out. but, i have a tiny streak right on the left side of my face, and then one further back on the left.


(that's me being confused as to why my hair has taken a 'Conan O'Brien-esque' turn.)





and now for the part where i change wardrobe and setting.....










OMG HOW AWESOME DOES IT LOOK?!??!?!!?!?







i decided to end with some artsy shots in front of my brick wall.

WOW. right?! it's so awesome. omg i can't even stand it.

i love it. i sooooo love it. and it's exactly what i pictured for these past five years. like, exactly. OH I LOVE IT. so much.

now, whenever i look at someone with awesomely colored hair, i will no longer feel that painful sting of jealousy, because I AM NOW one of those people with awesomely colored hair.

WATCH OUT - it's a whole new Julie.

i feel really good. because, there have been a lot of kind of drastic changes in my life over the past year. and it feels like none of them were my decision. let's look at some examples:

- cell phone died = had to get a new one
- laptop died = had to get a new one
- car died = had to get a new one
- kara took over my bedroom in maine = now i sleep in kara's room
- not getting any hours at work = might have to get a new job

and those are all things that, had they not changed, i would still probably have. (except for maybe the laptop.... because i really needed a new one. but i would have had the old one for longer, had it not died....)

AND THIS - the teal streaks in my hair - is some drastic change that i am in control of. i said, I WANT THIS CHANGE TO HAPPEN, as opposed to all the other changes, which have happened out of my control.

and i feel really good. things around me, outside me, may change, and i might not have any control over them. but i am in control of myself. and i am awesome. and 75-80% cooler than i was before.

SO THERE! there i am with teal streaks. finally. completely. awesomely. wonderfully.

wow, i'm totally hip, right? and RAD. yeah. i'm so rad. i'm trying to work 'rad' into my normal speak, but i keep forgetting about it. i want to be someone who says, 'rad.'

ok. this entry is bursting with so much awesome. hope you like the new hair. i loooove the new hair.

have a great, wonderful, lovely night, dear friends. i will. because i am going to watch Twilight. probably.

take care! be well!!!!


love!

1 comment:

  1. julie you're such a total hottie. i almost can't stand it.
    where are all the rugged NH teal-streaked-hair red-plaid wearing young men who should be chasing you?? probably too busy watching a bunch of movies so they feel confident enough to say hi to you.

    ReplyDelete