Thursday, April 8, 2010

TWO BEST THINGS!!!! (and one not-so-best thing)

i'll start with the not-so-best thing.

1. TOOTHPICKS. where the heck are they in the grocery store??? i spent like, 10 minutes of my life aimlessly walking around before i found like, fancy toothpicks that came with a fancy holder in the baking aisle. i saw NO OTHER toothpicks, so i unhappily purchased.

when i am president, want to know where the toothpicks will be? IN THE 'T' AISLE!

dear people of the united states,

you will thank me, because life will be much easier.

love,
your future president, julie


AND NOW FOR THE BEST THINGS.

1. i got my Crash Kings ticket for next week in the mail today! AND, my tiny PO Box was so full that i needed a package slip to get it. and who was there to greet me at the mail counter, you ask?

um, the ruggedly handsome postal worker who i have a massive crush on. which brings me to best thing number 2.

2.

RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: Hi!
JULIE: Hi!
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: (tries to figure out my box number) 8....?
JULIE: Noo....
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: 4......?
JULIE: 2......
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: 248! No! Something in the thousands....
JULIE: 2057.
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: Oh! You should have scrambled the numbers so I would have to figure them out.
JULIE: Haha, next time!
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: Well you won't see me again for another.....two weeks or so.
JULIE: Why not?
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: I'm not down in this building very often.
JULIE: Well that's lame!
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: Well, you'll have to come visit me up in [names other NH town].


now, please go back and read that last sentence, just so you know that you are reading it right. he said to me, "well, you'll have to come visit me." YES. HE SAID THAT TO ME.

and then he came back out with my lovely Crash Kings ticket package and said,

RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: 2057?
JULIE: Yes!
RUGGEDLY HANDSOME POSTAL WORKER: I keep thinking it's something with an '8.' Plus, you normally get Netflix, and this isn't a Netflix, so I'm all confused.

clearly, he meant flustered, because i was around. CLEARLY.

oh wow, it was wonderful. and he knew that i normally get Netflix. so, he totally knows me. and he's totally in love with me. and wants me to come visit him at his other USPS location.

OH. he's so ruggedly handsome. i love it.

and then i got in the car and put on 'You Got Me' which is a super sexy song, perfectly fitting for this momentarily sexy time in my day.

i love going into that post office. one day last week, i was there getting Netflix and they always put a package slip in my box when there are Netflix. so, i go in and there's a huge line of people. and i get my package slip from my box, and go stand at the end of the line.

and it's not the ruggedly handsome worker, it's another guy. who, i really like also. he's very nice and very polite. and i'm standing in the very back of the line when all of a sudden i hear, "Julie!!" and i look up and he's holding out my Netflix for me! at the counter!

so, i'm like, flipping out because i'm so happy and excited that he not only remembers my box number, but that he remembers my name! oh it was a wonderful time. and i didn't have to wait in line. which, i wouldn't have minded, because i like waiting in lines. but, still, it was great.

and then today, with the ruggedly handsome worker. wow, that was awesome. awesome a lot.


so now i'm going to make a sandwich because i haven't eaten anything yet today. and i'm hungry. and it's almost 6pm. and i'm going to eat my sandwich, watch Almost Famous and then do my NAIL ART activity.

i'm excited about today. and i was not excited about it because it took me so long to get dressed today. nothing was right. nothing was comfortable. nothing was pretty. and then it took a long time to get my hair right. which ended up just being in a low, side ponytail. and i ended up wearing just a long sleep black t-shirt and jeans. i think i was trying to do too much. too many layers, too many cardigans. at one point i thought about a dress. and then i was like, "NO, you're just going to the post office and the grocery store!" and that's when i decided to keep it simple. uncomplicate things. and i had on a bandana around my neck, but i even decided to take that off.

and it finally worked. and it must have worked, because now i have an invitation to visit the ruggedly handsome postal worker at the other location. win! i'm not actually going to go visit him. duh. that would be creepy and weird. but still, i can dream about it. yep. that's what i'll do.

OK. now onwards with my day!

hope you're having a lovely time.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment