Thursday, July 8, 2010

"be better, my dear lady"

THAT'S the other lyric from River City Extension that i love. remember i was trying to think of it? i love how he calls her, a 'dear lady.' those are two lovely words. dear and lady.

oh, and speaking of River City Extension, guess who emailed me today?

UM, JOE. THE LEAD SINGER. yes. i returned from court today to find a lovely email from 'Joseph' in my inbox. i was so totally excited i had to keep reminding myself that i was at work so i couldn't freak out.

i had emailed him a while back to thank him for emailing me the bonus song, Ballad of Oregon. and i also included some other stuff, like how it was a bummer they couldn't make it to the Portland, ME show, how i loved reading their blog.... etc.

and he emailed me back again! ohhhh it was lovely.

and THIS, plus the Blood Feathers tweet, plus the tweet from Robert Schwartzman makes me feel pretty happy.

anyways. i was watching the baby sleep, but he's awake now and his mother is home.

going to court today was fine. super quick and easy. met a very attractive social worker, which was nice. the resident who i was bringing ended up driving back to the house with her dad, so i drove by myself. which worked out well because i listened to River City Extension the whole way!!! nice change from the Eminem cd we listened to the whole way there.

in other news: i think my toilet was fixed this morning. the executive director went up to my apartment and came down with some broken parts. and i know he went out to the hardware store after. so, i'm hoping it's fixed. that'd be great.

in other news: i bought a dress yesterday for $10 at wal-mart. it's hott pink with neon orange and purple. YEP. i tried to restrain myself from buying it. but i wasn't strong enough. $10! hott pink! and the purple in the dress matches my new purple nailpolish perrrrfectly. so it's a win win.

in movie news:

- i watched It's Complicated. loved it. laughed a lot. really loved the whole family dynamic. loved Meryl's house. loved everything.

- watched Leap Year. really liked it. pretty silly, but great. Amy Adams was totally beautiful, i thought. especially the middle part where her hair is in the ponytail and they kiss at the table for the first time. yeah, i thought she was gorgeous. i laughed SO HARD when she tried to pronounce the guy's name in the bar. his name is 'Eoghan,' which i knew from being in Ireland last year is pronounced 'Owen.' but, listening to her try and say it was so funny and made me think of how much fun we all had.

i also have Avatar with me, which, i am ashamed to admit - i haven't seen yet. I KNOW. please don't judge me. not sure if i'll get to watching it tonight because it's pretty long. and i'm pretty tired. maybe i'll start it? i don't know.

but, i'm doing pretty well, non-sleep wise. i've been at work for just about 10 hours. and i'm super ready to go home. hasn't been a busy day, but that trip to Brattleboro is like an hour and 15 minutes each way, so that's tiring. it was nice to split up the day, though.

BUT - yeah i'm ready to go home.

and i have 3 hours off - and then back to work!!!! i'm not sure what i'll do with my 3 free hours. probably hang out. i don't want to take a nap because i want to try to get back on a semi-normal sleep schedule. but, that may never happen.

ANYWAYS. i think that's it. hope everyone is having a great day!!! talk to you again soon :)


♡,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. I just got It's Complicated... I haven't watched it yet, but I keep hearing it's awesome.

    Avatar, la! It is, to this day, the most beautiful movie I have ever seen. Plot... ok. Dialogue... not great. Acting... decent. Visuals? BLOW YOUR MIND OFF. I would be watching it constantly if I didn't need to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete