Tuesday, July 20, 2010

i like your beard

OK - it's been far too long since my last update, and i would like to first apologize. SORRY. i'm sure i had you all on the edge of your seats waiting for news about my terribly awesome exciting life.

HERE IT IS!!!!!

:: nothing new is going on. yay!

:: actually, this weekend was great. i was home on saturday and spent the day with family, which was really nice. then saturday night got even more awesome:

I SAW ALIYA!!!! yep, THAT Aliya! she was on annual vaca with her fam in Ogunquit, ME and so i made my annual trip over to see her!!! which was so great. we drank fancy coffees and sat on the beach for many hours. it was lovely. soooo good to see her again! and so soon! the last time i saw her was in Chicago!!!

i got home around 1:30am that night, which was crazy because normally i have to be at work at 10pm! but i had the night off!!!!! GREAT! first night off in like, 3.5 weeks, so that was really nice.

and now BACK AT WORK. i'm working right now.

OH, but more on the weekend...

:: so, sunday i hung around with Kara. we had to go out and do some errands in the afternoon, then we went to the gym, then we went out to get fancy hot dogs at this new hot dog place called Monkey Dogs. crazy, to say the least. but delish.

then kara drove back home with me!!!! i LOVE it when she does! we have the funnest rides.

i also discovered the song, 'Your Love is my Drug' by Ke$ha. um, i love it! and i can't wait to dance to it at a dance party. because i have in my mind that a dance party needs to happen. so, if anyone has any thoughts on that... you can let me know.

ANYWAYS, we went to bed kind of early on sunday night. everyone was tired.

monday, we went out for breakfast. kara, my dad and me. it was nice! came home. took naps. went out for dinner in the evening. and then, sadly, they had to go back to maine.

i actually had a really productive night after they left!!! i said to myself, "NO MORE PHONE ALARM CLOCK!!!!!" because, we all know that it never works. and every time i trust it to work, it fails me.

so, remember when i built that little blue table from IKEA?? well, that table quickly became a junk table. a place to hold all the junk and useless things that somehow find me.

last night i said, "NO MORE!" and cleaned off the table. i brought it into my bedroom and am now using it as my ALARM CLOCK TABLE. a REAL alarm clock.

actually, i should clarify. i'm using it as a CD player to play lullabies at nighttime, while my iPod alarm clock is my real alarm. i burnt a CD of lullabies*

*including two new ones:
- lullaby version of 'Love Lockdown' by Kanye West
- lullaby version of 'War Pigs' by Black Sabbath (the great cover song that Crash Kings do.)

so, it's a great new setup in my room AND a great new clean space in my living room! this has inspired me to keep cleaning. so, that might happen. i kind of did some more this afternoon while i was looking for my jewelry making pliers. i found them! and did some organizing along the way.

PRODUCTIVE!!!! then i came to work and looked at a photo recap of Lindsay Lohan's Journey to Jail. yep. that was enjoyable. i also did some real work stuff like printing and faxing and phone calling and baby holding. it was actually pretty busy for a while.

and now things have calmed and i'm blogging.

tonight: should be a good night. we have to run out to the store, but that shouldn't take long.

may i remind you about this upcoming weekend? yes i may.

FRIDAY = ROONEY AND HANSON!!!!!!! performing together at last!!!! on CAPE COD!!!!
SATURDAY = CRASH KINGS!!!!!!!! performing in Portsmouth, NH!!!!!! sooo close to my house it's crazy!!!!

and i am SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR ROONEY that i keep forgetting about Crash Kings! true story! and i kind of can't believe it! like, i can't believe that THAT MUCH awesome will be happening in my life in just two days.

and MY MOM is coming to Crash Kings with me and i can't wait!!! i think she will soon be a Crash Kings fan, as is everyone who sees them live. so exciting!!!

and then NEXT WEEK is Kara's birthday!!!!!! my little sister is turning 21 years old. TWENTY-ONE. omg that is so crazy to think about. i remember the night she was born! and next week, we'll be drinking margaritas together!

and then River City Extension on the 31st. if i can't get anyone to go with me, i just may go by myself. if i hadn't been to Starland Ballroom before, i probably wouldn't. but, since i've been there, it makes it easier.

and then the beginning of August is so much Crash Kings awesome amazingness i can't even describe it.

alright - we're going on a quick errand!

hope everyone is having a great night! my friend in Kansas City is going to see PAPER TONGUES and NEON TREES tonight!!!!!! and i hope she has a super wonderful time.

i PROMISE i'll talk to you again soon!!!! have a great week!!!!!


♡♥,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment