Friday, June 17, 2011

hipster hotties playing music!

Yesterday Kara and I traveled to Boston for the WFNX summer concert. Radio sponsored event! Some great bands were playing, and Kara really wanted to go, so I bought her the tickets as an early birthday present! Yay sister day!

The concert was on Lansdowne Street in Boston, right next to Fenway Park. The street opened at 3pm, so we left the house around 12:30pm. Maybe more like 1. We got in the car and realized that we had come up with absolutely no plan for the day, so we decided to just drive to Wonderland station and park there, since that was a pretty easy drive.

That's what we did! Parking only $5, you can't beat it. We took the blue line to the green line and got off at Kenmore, and then walked over to Lansdowne. It wasn't that crowded and we were able to get pretty close to the front! It WAS wicked, super, totally hottttttttt outside. Things got pretty sweaty.

So, the first band performing was DOM. They are from Worcester, MA. Their set was okay... Kara knew one of their songs. It kind of looked like they were all wearing wigs...





They kind of seemed like they were some high school friends who just rolled out of bed and said to each other, "Hey, let's go play some music at that concert..." Whatevs. They covered Prince, so that was cool.


The next band was Young the Giant, and we really liked them. Cuties!!!








I liked a lot of their stuff. And they had these super girl fans in front of us who were just going crazy. I liked watching them too.



And then a giant lobster dressed in Bruins gear came out...?????? Everyone got pretty excited. But check out Young the Giant. I liked a lot of their songs. And I liked the guy's voice.

And then the radio people came out and were like, "WE'VE GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And everyone started going crazy and then this other guy walked out with a fake Stanley Cup trophy. Um, cool? Because the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup the other night! Go sports!!




And then!!!! The Naked and Famous came out and played!!!!



I was really excited to see them because they sing the ultimate 2011 summer jam song, 'Young Blood.'



Girl was a hottie!!





And they are from New Zealand so they had super cute accents. And all their music was really good. I liked the first half of the set a lot better than the second half, though. After a while all the songs blended together.

But, here's my video of 'Young Blood!' It came out pretty good.

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHHHHHH. oooooooiloveit.


THEN, Kara got really thirsty and absolutely insisted that we go get water. Now, we had been pretty close to the front this whole time and had no idea how JAM PACKED FULL it had gotten. Well, it had gotten pretty darn jam packed full. Like, there was no extra space. Anywhere. It was kind of insane.

So, we made it to the water table. Paid way too much money for water. And then struggled to get back into the crowd. We weren't able to get as close as we had been before, which was a bummer, and since I am such a shorty, I didn't get to see any of the next band, Foster the People, but I loved all their stuff, and from the looks of these pictures, they were all super hotties.



Oh, but first a lady's hand. I tried to take a band photo, but then she stuck her hand in the air in what I'm assuming was a moment of music euphoria. I actually really like this picture.








Yep, they were hotties! Kara loved the bass player, as is usually the case with Kara. And we both lovedddddd pretty much all of their songs.


And the headlining band out of all the bands was Cold War Kids, and they were great too. It seemed like a lot of people were leaving the front of the crowd, so we took this opportunity to push through until we got to about where we had been.

The lead singer totally looked like Will Forte! For real!





I like that one.






And! And! And! Notice his tattoo!!!! It's the Basquiat crown that Tony from Crash Kings also has!!!



(Mmmm yeah that's nice. Not enough sweaty Crash Kings members have graced this blog recently, if you ask me.)




So, here's my video of 'Skip the Charades' that I took. Came out pretty good. Ohhhh I love this song a lot.

What a great concert!!! All the bands were great. I had a super fun time with Kara. And then on the T ride home, we met a lovely Irishman who had also just been to the concert and just wanted to talk music. He loved Cold War Kids. Said he was also a big fan of Florence and the Machine and Ray LaMontagne, so he was a cool guy. I told him that I had been to Ireland two years ago and that I loved Doolin the best. He seemed excited to know that. And, it made me miss Noel. And Kerianne. A lot.

We arrived home just about two hours after the concert ended! We made really good time coming home. 56 mpg the whole day!


YAYYYYY for sister days and great music! What a fun time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment