Sunday, June 19, 2011

'all my precious secrets, yeah, you know them all...'

YEP - that's a Miley Cyrus lyric to start the post off!! From the timeless hit, 'Fly on the Wall.' Which I actually love. WARNING:: That video contains lots of "sexy" hair touching. It gets a little awkward, actually. All in all, it's "PRETTY COOL." (yep.)

Moving on!

(and no, i'm not listening to Miley while writing all of this.....)

Really moving on!

I received two great comments recently from two great new readers!!! Both of them discovered the blog while searching for information on Murdock Lake!!!!! And one of them actually came in through the BLOG EMAIL ADDRESS (which is located to the left of your screen.... unless you're reading through Facebook...) which doesn't get enough use!!!! Keep those emails coming! Guys, you have NO IDEA how happy and excited this makes me. Because I love this lake, I love blogging, and I love getting blog comments. So, when these three things collide, it makes for one excited Julie.

I really hope that everyone new and old continues reading... I seriously can't believe I've been blogging for 6 years now. RIGHT?!?!?! It's crazy! That's so long!! It's just kind of crazy to me that people are still reading. It makes me feel kind of famous, actually. But don't worry, I won't get too "celeb" on you all. At least not right away.

So, everyone, THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. You readers are the best readers. That's true, actually. Keep leaving me comments! Or send me an email! I love it!


(i'm still listening to Miley... but I'm changing it now. I promise.)


I've been listening to Adele as like my new go-to music. That's what I just put on. I know I talked about this the other day, but MAN, that song, 'Someone Like You,' it KILLS me. Like, it breaks my heart every time I hear it. And even more heartbreaking is that I hear it and wish that I had heard this song when my heart was hurting.

Although, during that time I remember listening to sad music and thinking, "listening to sad, break-up music doesn't really help as much as you think it would." I actually remember thinking that. Even though it wasn't really a break up. Or, anything really. It was a little bit sad, and that was all. WHATEVER!

Geeze, moving on!

I wanted to talk about some semi-awesome/semi-awkward moments at work I had this weekend!!! Great!


1. I was working in the men's section at the clothing store, which I never do, so I'm not very comfortable over there. I just have no idea about men's sizes. Like, none. I'm like, 32 34 whaaaaatttt are these numbers?!?!?!!? So, I'm over there for like, 5 minutes and I'm folding shirts, and this man approaches me holding a shirt.

MAN: That get repetitive at all? Folding and re-folding?
JULIE: Um, no, it's not too bad. I don't mind it, actually. It's good practice.
MAN: You know, I'd love to know how to fold one of these properly, if you don't mind....
JULIE: ....................
MAN: I'm being totally serious, I'd love to see how it's done.
JULIE: (ohhhhh geeze is he trying to pick me up???) Oh! Um, ok, sure!

And then I demonstrate the proper folding technique. (It's all in the wrists.)

MAN: Yeah, that was really helpful. Now I know how to pack better for traveling so my clothes don't get all wrinkled.
JULIE: Actually, sometimes when I'm packing a suitcase, I roll my shirts instead of folding.
MAN: Yeah, I've tried that way too, they still come out wrinkled!
JULIE: Well, good luck, then!
MAN: Thanks for putting up with me! You're a good sport, and very helpful!
JULIE: Oh, it's my pleasure!


ummmmmm yeah. That happened. It was actually awesome and TOTALLY made my day. I was bummed that I had to go from one job to the next job, and was feeling crappy and tired, and that guy just totally lifted my spirits. And like, RANDOM, right?? But, he wasn't trying to pick me up. Good thing.


2. Now, it's almost closing time in the store, so we're all just kind of straightening up, waiting for any last customers to come in. This guy walks in with a return:

JULIE: Hello!
GUY: Hi there!
JULIE: How are you?
GUY: I'm pretty darn good. How are you?
JULIE: I'm doing great.
GUY: Good! Well, I hope you can help me..
JULIE: Alright...
GUY: (pulls pair of pants out of the return bag) My wife bought these and they're too small, so she's hoping I can exchange them for a bigger size.
JULIE: No problem!
GUY: You see, she bought a size 2 and she needs a size 4.
JULIE: Ok! Let me show you where those pants are; hopefully we have a 4, and if not, I can check out back for you.
GUY: Great.

(found the size 4)

JULIE: There you go!
GUY: And what if these don't fit....
JULIE: Bring 'em back again!
GUY: Or, diet!!
JULIE: ....No!
GUY: Nah, I'm just kidding.
JULIE: That's a terrible thing to say!
GUY: Yeah, that was terrible. Thank you, have a great night!
JULIE: Ok.. you too!


ummmm that happened too. It could have gone weird at the end when he mentioned the diet... and I didn't want to let him get away with saying that. But, he was joking, so it all ended up being kind of jokey. But, I'm happy I called him out on it anyways. Another weird experience.


3. Today at the coffee shop, I was working with Liam, who is a great kid. He's super fun to work with. And, he was in the back doing dishes and I was keeping watch on the front, in case anyone came in. And, he came out for a bit and did some other stuff and then went back to the dishes. Then about 5 seconds later, he comes back out front and says,

LIAM: I just left the water on that whole time by accident...
JULIE: Uh oh..
LIAM: And there was dish detergent in the sink and now it's all bubbly.
JULIE: Oh boy.
LIAM: It's like, really sudsy.
JULIE: Yeah?
LIAM: You could probably float a baby on all those suds.

And then I just started LAUGHING. Totes hilars. Liam has been so funny this weekend. It's great. Yesterday he was making a smoothie, and just could not get it right. Luckily, he was making it for his friend. But, he kept adding more ice, and then more yogurt, and then too much banana and it took like, 5 minutes, and then he handed the smoothie to his friend and said,

LIAM: I'm sorry you had to see that.

I just loved it. He really powered through that smoothie. Turned out not so bad, actually. Although a little too icy.

Today I totally KILLED at making a double cappuccino. In case you didn't know, I was BORN to make fancy coffee drinks. I'm actually pretty awesome at it, and I also LOVE it. But I was proud of my cappuccino today. It had some totally sexy foam on it.

And last week one of the guy's who works in the hardware store next to us came over to buy a scone and he walked in a said to me:

GUY: Is that your Prius I always see out there?
JULIE: Yes it is!!
GUY: Oh. I was wondering who that belonged to. You like it?
JULIE: I love it!

Love my car. Make fun of it allllllllllll you want, but in the end, I'm the one getting 56 miles per gallon!

Well. I think that might be all.

I listened to Crash Kings at the gym the other day. 'You Got Me' has been really speaking to me lately. Is that a good thing or a bad thing??? I may not know until the end. Where all the boys will probably turn into monsters.

Speaking of monsters!

When I was hanging out with Keith last week, he forced me to watch the Kanye West video for 'Monster,' (Keith and I invented these "forced listening sessions" back in the fall, where we force each other to listen to the other person's music. watch out man, taylor swift is coming next. i hope you're reading..) and MAN - it was really good. Totally freaking creepy - but really good.

YOU SHOULD WATCH IT. I actually really like the song. Sometimes I just get it stuck in my head and then I'm like, 'holy crap there are a lot of swears happening in my head right now.' But, before you watch the video, make sure you're not about to drive away through the woods in the middle of the night and then get lost because you WILL get freaked out. Speaking from experience. (Side note:: Kanye in bed with the two dead girls is my favorite part.)

ANYWAYS.

I think I'm headed to bed now. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my wonderful father whom I love very much. And also MISS VERY MUCH. Hopefully we can see each other soon!!!!


Love you, blog readers! Have a great morning, afternoon, and night! We'll talk again soon!



♥♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment