Wednesday, June 22, 2011

just a quick update to recap my life goals

Seeing as my goals in life change like, every five minutes, I thought I'd take a quick moment to sort them out. And since this blog is my "sorting out" place, I figured it was the perfect place.

Tonight, this rainy 22 June 2011, I have three life goals:

TO BECOME:
1. a water taxi captain

TO OWN:
1. my own line of specialty condiments in a store called, 'The Sauceror.'

TO BE THE FOUNDER OF:
1. Dance Party Gym: the 24/7 fun way to work out.


That's a pretty good list, right?? I think so. Also, NONE of these life goals have anything to do with what I studied for four years at an expensive private college. AWESOME.

I think I would be a really awesome water taxi captain.

OH OH OH!!!!! ALSO!!!!!!!!!

I want to WRITE A BOOK!!!!!! And that DOES have EVERYTHING to do with what I studied in college!!!!!! Thanks, Hampshire!!!

Life goal #4:

TO BE THE AUTHOR OF:
1. Ghost Stations: Exploring the Abandoned Underground

Wow, I just came up with that title as I was writing it!

I've become really fascinated lately with "ghost stations." This has nothing to do with my other obsession with Ghost Adventures, which is a totally addicting show on the Travel Channel starring the always manly, Zak Bagans. No,

GHOST STATIONS: are abandoned subway stations! They have been closed for one reason or another, YET THEY STILL REMAIN! And so they're these totally creepy, totally beautiful under (or above) ground subway platforms that no one is allowed into. And I'm like, obsessed with this idea.

And today on my way into work, I was thinking about ghost stations and thinking about the country and thinking about what the country would look like if the top layer was gone.... Like, if you were sitting (or standing, or floating) in outer space, looking at the US from above, and the top layer was gone and you could see into all the subway tracks in all the different cities... what would it look like??

Ummm I think I just came up with the cover of the book. If there are any artists reading, someone please do an artists imagining of what that would look like... It'd be amazing, right???

It'd probably look like this giant, tangled web of metal. Now you're thinking about it... it's cool, right??? Yes. See, if there was a book about Ghost Stations and you saw that on the cover and then started to think about it, you might pick it up, right??? RIGHT!

Maybe it'd be like a coffee table book.

And so here's my idea: Since I'd be researching all this awesome stuff, I'd get to go down into these ghost stations and photograph all the different adventures. Imagine how lonely it must be down there... And quiet, maybe. Although maybe you can hear the screeching of other trains in the distance and in that case, it might be eerie.

Exploring the Eerie Underground of America's Lost Subway Stations

Brillz!!!


1. WATER TAXI CAPTAIN
2. THE SAUCEROR
3. DANCE PARTY GYM
4. GHOST STATIONS: EXPLORING THE EERIE UNDERGROUND OF AMERICA'S LOST SUBWAY STATIONS


I come up with the best ideas. Also, I have the best life ahead of me. (But, I knew that already.)

I'll write more about ghost stations later. Maybe like, tomorrow. Or sometime soon. Because I think I talked about the old NYC City Hall subway stop before, but I'm gonna talk about it again, so get ready. Also, information on the New York Transit Museum, which I want to visit ASAP.

I'm in a good mood today. It's been a good week. Had a lovely time at the beach yesterday morning by myself. I will also tell you more about that. AND, more about the new coffee shop I discovered and the lovely people I have met.

Alright. I hope you all are having a equally exciting week and will have equally exciting stories to tell me!

Also, I'm game for some book title revisions, so anyone who wants to brainstorm, please feel free. Also, artists, I'll be waiting for those 'America with the top removed' maps. :)


Have a great day, friends!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who works as a tunnel engineer (awesome, right?) in Boston. He has been down an abandoned section of the Red Line near Harvard square and says that, along with plenty of rats (of course), there are PEOPLE living down there. Squeamish or not, yikes!

    IIRC, that section of track leads to a ghost "Harvard" station.

    ReplyDelete