Wednesday, March 21, 2012

and i forgot the most important part...

I got this lovely online gift from one of my readers...




Apparently the blog drought really hit hard.

I actually got this via Twitter, and viewed it on my phone, sitting at the Dover police station, crying, right after my car was towed. It actually made me laugh really hard, haha. So, THANK YOU FOR THAT, Steven Demers!!!

AND ALSO, I forgot to tell you something else! I know, I'm such a freaking slacker.

So, last week, me and my friend Ben went out for dinner and then had a SUPER ADVENTURE. It was late, and we decided to venture down to the Hilton Park to watch the tides.

Now, for those of you who aren't residents in this area, you don't know that the bridge in Dover, right next to Hilton Park, is under construction. They are tearing down the old one and building a new one. But don't worry, there's still one up to drive across.

ANYWAYS.

So, we get to the park, and it's right next to all the construction. And, we both know that it's illegal to trespass into construction zones. Especially at night time by the water. But, it seemed like a pretty good idea at the time.

We were wrong.

IT WAS A GREAT IDEA. We totally scaled the rocks and went around the fence, walked into the construction zone, walked UNDER THE HIGHWAY, which was maybe one of the coolest things I've ever done, walked out onto the temporary bridge that holds all the cranes and giant machines and we were like RIGHT out in the middle of the water.

I've provided this map for you:



See Hilton Park? See where the bridge is? See the Rt. 4 sign? We were a little further than that out into the water. We were like, under the highway bridge, but on the temporary bridge, real close to the water. IT WAS AMAZING.

And then we stood directly under the giant cranes. OMG. It was a thrill. Hearing the cars pass above me was something else. Very, VERY cool.

I'm glad we trespassed. Worth it.

I'm pretty good at trespassing.

1. the national historic fort
2. the national historic windmill
3. that lady's house... that was awkward. haha.
4. the bridge under construction!

COOL. Yep, I'm a rebel. Kind of.


Anyways, I had to post that. Hope everyone is still having a good night!


laterz!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have not had the guts to do that. Any pictures (even bad nighttime shots)? Checking construction progress has become a much looked-forward to part of my morning commute.

    You might enjoy poking around http://www.newington-dover.com/ , especially the FAQ. This has been a long time coming!!

    ReplyDelete