Thursday, March 14, 2013

grabs right hold of your heart

Hi friends!

Updates!  I'm having a pretty good week.  I LOVE my desk and letter-writing station.  I've written two letters so far.  They are sitting on my desk still because I have no address to send them to.

I did get the box with Ben's stuff in it!  I had to go pick it up at the FedEx office yesterday in Portsmouth.  I managed to wait until I got into my car to start crying, which I look at as a big accomplishment. 

FEDEX LADY:  Name?
JULIE:  Julie Evans.
FEDEX LADY:  Ok, I'll go look.  (goes out back, gets box, bring it back around front.)  Yep, right here.  Do you have your license?
JULIE:  (sees Ben's handwriting on the outside of the box....)  My boyfriend just left for the Navy and this is all his stuff they're sending back!!!!!
FEDEX LADY:  ....Your license?
JULIE:   Oh yeah...

It was kind of awkward.  I cried a lot in the car, and I was okay with it, because I hadn't cried in exactly one week.  That's actually a big milestone, haha. 

I was hoping I'd get the letter with his address today... but not yet.  Maybe tomorrow. 

Anyways!  I had a super productive day yesterday.

1.  I woke up early and had breakfast with Ben's sister, Alana!  I parked at her house in Dover and then we walked to Harvey's.  Delish.  I've never had breakfast there until recently and it's great.  It was a really nice time.  I'm glad we saw each other.

2.  Then down to Portsmouth Toyota to re-sign a car buying contract.  Apparently Toyota updated all their contracts like the day before I bought my car, but the guy forgot and had me sign the old one.  So, I had to go down there and sign the right one.  Easy breezy.  I just walked in there like I owned the place.  Geeze, I've been there enough recently, I feel like I do. 

JULIE:  Yeah, Mark is expecting me.. I'll show myself to his office.

(That's what I felt like saying.)

(also, there's this realllllyyyyyy pretty blue-ish Prius on the lot and i reallllllllyyyy like it.)

3.  Then I drove over to the FedEx office.  I was worried I'd have trouble finding it because sometimes those distribution offices are in weird sketch industrial office parks... but this one was pretty easy to find.

4.  Then I stopped at Baby Ben's coffee!  I had driven past this place a lot recently and tried to go there twice, but they were always closed.  They're on Dover Point Rd.  Cute inside.  The guy gave me the whole,

COFFEE GUY:  Ummmm we actually can't put the raspberry syrup in the coffee drinks because it's not the dairy kind and it kind of curdles if we do it.....
JULIE:  Yeah I get raspberry syrup in everything and I'm used to this.  You can do it anyways.
COFFEE GUY:  Ok.

Pssshhh.  Give me a raspberry syrup situation that I CAN'T talk my way out of.  PLEASE.  Try me.

5.  Then I booked it up to Market Basket to do a LIGHTENING ROUND of grocery shopping for my dinner party which I had tonight. 

6.  Then I booked it home, unpacked the groceries, opened the box from Ben to find his cell phone and alllllllll his military intake papers, changed for work,

7.  And then I worked all evening in Sanford!  Busy day, busy girl.  Sanford was actually a nice break, though.  Usually Wednesdays in Sanford are crazytown, but it was pretty quiet.  I just kind of was there to help if needed.... which was actually kind of tough because the "helping" computer wasn't working.  Oh well.  I got to hang out with Dakota, Nicole and Caren. 

8.  Got home at 7:30 and then went to the gym with my roommate, Laurie!  I had a KILLER workout. 

9.  Came home around 9:30, wrote Ben a letter, took a shower, made a sandwich for dinner and then went to BED. 

Man, I was exhausted.  I'm even exhausted now just telling you about it.  I did a lot.  And I got gas before heading out to breakfast, so I reset my mileage thing, and at the end of the day I had put 85 miles on my car!  85 miles!!!  Dat shit cray.


And then I had a dinner party tonight!  Meg, Jenn and Kara were coming over!!!!  Kara got me a SUPER-CUTE crockpot for my birthday and I was going to break it in.  So, I did!  I made vegetable risotto, asparagus and roasted potatoes.  Strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Everything was pretty good, I was impressed with myself. 

I pretty much started cooking right when I got home from work and was still cooking after everyone got here.  It was a lot of chopping to do. 

We had fun!  It's nice just sitting around with ladies having dinner.  Last week we went to Jenn's house, this week my house, and next week we're going to Kara's house.  I really hope it's a weekly thing because I think it would be really fun.  Switching hosts and whatnot.  I like my friends.  And it's cool because I've known Meg and Jenn for a LONG time.  Like.... 11 years?  Wow.  Cray.  We worked together a longggg time ago, haha.


So, story about Ben's cell phone.... It arrived, and I plugged it in to charge up, just to make sure it was still working after the journey.  And then I go to work.  Come home, phone is not turning on.  Not at all.  So, I plug it into a different outlet.  Go to the gym.  Come home, phone it still not turning on.  Uh oh... maybe it was exposed to some super cold temperature on the FedEx ride over and now it's just dead.  I try plugging it into the computer.... nada.  So then I Google, "how to restart and android phone," and everyone says, "take out the battery and put it back in."  So, I open the back of the phone.... EMPTY.  The damn thing didn't have a battery. 

This was after I had already written Ben the letter, "sorry man, I think your phone didn't make it...."  Ah well.  I felt pretty stupid.  haha.  I guess it's kinda funny.

Everyone else having a good week???  I hope so! 

Working tomorrow... then going to the gym with Kara later.  No plans for this weekend... probably just hang around and do crafts. 




I thought you might like some cute pictures of Ruby.  She's just waking up from a nap in the first picture, and in the second picture, she's reaching into a vase full of water to get a drink.  Cutie. 


OK!  I think that's it for tonight.  I've been going to bed KINDA early and I like it.  Never thought I'd say that.  Like, ever.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!  Plans for the big St. Patrick's weekend?  Stay safe!  Have fun!  Talk to you all soon!!!!!

love,
Julie


you're the bright star of the west
you're the land St. Patrick blessed
you're my dear little isle so far away


1 comment: