Wednesday, August 25, 2010

minus for common sense

at work right now.

one of the residents just left food cooking on the stove (like, flame still on and everything) and then went outside to smoke.

UMMM HELLO!! (i feel like Angelina on Jersey Shore) ARE YOU DUMB?!?!?! "there are girls taking their underwear off in the jacuzzi!!!"

i'm not sure which scenario is worse.

anyways. i'm at work right now. until 5:30 hopefully, but maybe until 6.

i've been feeling sick this week. well, so all last week i felt like i was fighting off a cold. i would wake up with a sore throat which lasted most of the day, and i was stuffy and sneezy. but, it never got tooo bad. but then this week, i feel sick to my stomach after i eat anything. it started on monday morning when i ate breakfast. i thought it was because i ate some yogurt. dairy sometimes makes me sick. and i was fine all day because i was at work and not eating anything, but then when i got home and ate dinner, i felt really sick again after.

so, tuesday morning i wake up and still feel sick. so i don't eat anything alllll day until late. and i still feel sick after, but not that bad.

and then wednesday, i wake up and i'm really hungry. but then it turns into a sick hungry. and then i try and eat a sandwich, and feel super sick again.

and it's frustrating me. i've been drinking lots of chamomile tea.

aannnddd i've been sleeping a lot. like, 10 or 12 hours a night.

UUGGHHH and yesterday was such a busy day at work. i felt like i was non stop running around places for 10 hours straight.


BUT! the other night i had a great dream. let me tell you about that instead of complaining all the time. geeze.

So, my dream was that i was hanging out at a 24-hour convenience store with River City Extension and we were searching the place for coconut water. like, shelve by shelve searching. every aisle. asking every employee. SEARCH. and we never found it.

and Sean, RCE's tour manager was being called '6 Disco Sean' by everyone. i don't know where that came from, but i thought it was cool.

and then! once we gave up on the coconut water search, we went over to Pat's house and all hung out in his garage for the rest of the night.

FUN, right? hanging out in a garage after hanging out in a convenience store! pretty classy.

IN OTHER RIVER CITY EXTENSION NEWS:

1. I was on their Myspace page looking at what tracks they had listed to stream, and there was one called 'For This Reason,' which is a bonus track on one of their records, I don't even know which one. But it's pretty much just Joe and his guitar and - I LOVE it. Ohhhh it's so good. Which, I don't know why this is surprising. But, everyone should go listen to it. I think Joe sounds totally beautiful.


2. I got this Facebook message from Emily the other night. Yes, my great friend Emily who I've known since my very first day in college. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting it in here. It just made me SO FREAKING EXCITED that I can't hold it back. I'll just post excerpts....


Hey Julie,

So, after reading so much about River City Extension in your blog, I was finally like, "I reallllllly need to check these guys out!"

Well, I LOVE THEM! I mean, looooooooove. I just bought/downloaded The Unmistakable Man album on Amazon.

I am so grateful to you! And your blog! This is amazing music!

Emily


TESTIMONIAL. So great, right?! Not to brag, but I feel like i've done a pretty good job of spreading the River City Extension love. Emily, Kerianne, Kara, Courtney - all new fans! All smart people.



Today, I got a call from the medicine people who prescribe Ruby Tuesday's medicine and they left me a message because they called super early, but I listened to the message and at the end the guy said, "make it a great day!"

and i was like, "I WILL make it a great day!!"

But then I couldn't get up when my alarm was going off. for like, 2.5 hours. i just couldn't stay awake.

but, i was still able to get to the post office and the grocery store when i woke up.

and then kara told me she was coming up tonight!!!!! SO GREAT! i love kara.


anyways, hope YOU ALL had a great day and have a great day tomorrow!!!

Kara and i are going to lunch tomorrow at Salt Hill Pub so we can get BULMERS. yep. Kara's first Bulmers. ohhhhh it's a good day.

okay! have a great night, great afternoon, great morning - great whenever you are reading this.


talk to everyone soon!!!!


(i switched between lowercase and uppercase in this entry. in previous entries, i had been trying to use proper capitalization. i'll try and be better next time.)


✌,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment