Monday, September 12, 2011

"and i can't keep you off my mind.... i have tried, but you come right back in again."

Oohhh hi.  Hope you all are doing well.  Blogger introduced a new blog interface... so it feels a little weird being here right now.  Like, being on Blogger.  It doesn't feel like the same old hang out spot I know.  Yep, because I'm creepy like that.

I know we haven't talked in a little while.  I've been busy!   We did another floorset at work this past week, so it was a lot of DOING stuff.  Like, moving around shelves, stripping wall hardware, putting new hardware up.  I was in charge of coming up with something to put in the decorative crates.  I spent a lot of time on this project.  ALSO!  OMG - I can't believe I forgot to tell you this story.  Actually, maybe I did tell you.... I feel like I told anyone who would listen....  which was maybe like... 3 people..  ANYWAYS:

This story happened like, maybe two weeks ago at work.  There was this olive green skirt that I was in charge of putting a belt on.  It was like, on a display.  So, at first I had this thin brown belt on it and it looked pretty good.  But, I noticed that it wasn't really selling.  So, I changed the belt to another thin brown belt, but this one had a string of gold beads also on it.  The gold really went well with the olive green. 

SO, I'm working at the register and someone comes through with both the skirt and the belt and I say to them,

JULIE:  You know, this belt goes great with this skirt!
CUSTOMER:  I know!  They have it on the display and I loved it!!
JULIE:  :-D!!!!!!!!

And that's how much I rock. 

And then last week I was redressing all the puppets in the store and the next day, one of the managers told me that someone came up and wanted to buy all the clothes on the display because they loved it so much. 

Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.



And now, for a brief PART TWO of my Ruby Tuesday Sleeping Under Blankets post....





YEP.  This happened the other day while I was trying to do work.  HOWWW can you get work done when this is happening?!?!  RUBY!  She's the best.  


So, Kara and I had been waiting for the new Zooey Deschanel TV show, 'New Girl,' to premiere later on this month, but I saw last week that the pilot episode was FREE on iTunes!  So, I downloaded it!  And it was super cute and funny.  And it also stars the guy who played Officer Leo on Veronica Mars!!!  (yeah, that's a giant screenshot of him from a former blog entry where I talk about how Veronica Mars stole my teal jacket...)  Anyways - he's super cute.  And we loved the show.  Zooey is a total hottie.  UGH why does she have to be so hip and cool?!?  Unfair.  

But!  You should go to iTunes and download the free ep!  Super funny.  Plus: Zooey.  

Also!  Zooey's older sister is on that show Bones, which I had never seen until last week, when I watched it with Greg.  And now I can't wait to watch more.  

And like, I keep thinking about it.  There was this one episode where this lady was pregnant, but some other lady who was crazy, killed the pregnant woman and cut the baby out of her, replacing it with another, dead baby.  Creepy, right?

So then, the crazy lady raises the other lady's baby for a few years until the police figure it out.  The police find the lady and the baby at the playground, where they seem to be having a great day.  The baby looks healthy, happy, well-dressed, and well cared for.  But, this is the crazy lady.  So, the police just go up and force the lady to hand over the baby, because of what she did.  Now, this baby is maybe like..... a year old?  Definitely older than an infant.  But, they just take the baby, right there on the playground.  

This was very upsetting to me.  YES, the lady was a crazy person who killed another lady and then stole her baby.  THAT'S horrible and sick.  But, it was also clear that she was taking care of this baby.  I feel like in this situation, the police should have maybe not just taken the baby away.  The baby most definitely recognized his "mother," and I think they should have at least been sympathetic of that.  Maybe at least arrested the mother WITH the baby, so the baby wasn't just ripped away.  I don't know.  It's a tricky situation. 

BUT - this happens too frequent.  I had to deal with it when working at Hannah House.  Not babies being cut out of their mothers.... but, babies being taken away from their mother's.  And it's hard to watch.  

And, I can think of one instance when I needed to take a baby away for its own safety.  That was a bad night.  

ANYWAYS.  That's why I don't work at Hannah House anymore. 


ANYWAYS.  What else?

I've had a heavy heart lately.  At least, I feel that way.  Oohhhhh I don't know.  I'm trying to find the in between, as the song goes.  It's a subtle mix of melancholy and excitement.  


On a different note, I want to see the new Lars von Trier film, Melancholia.  What a great filmmaker that guy is.  I REALLY want to see that movie the more I think about it.  Somebody find out when it's playing and TAKE ME.  Actually, it looks like it doesn't come out for a few months.  

I've never cried harder during a movie than during Dancer in the Dark.  I think about that from time to time.  How it's probably a movie that I would never watch again.  How upset it made me.  

Ok.  Before this turns too somber, I'm going to go.  I think Kara and I are going to hang out.  There's a hookah lounge that just opened in Somersworth.  We want to go.  Not tonight, but another night.  I'll let you know if we go.  It looks pretty cool.  

OK.  Hope you have a great night!!  And a great week!!!!  We'll talk again soon!!!!  That's a blog promise!!!!!


lovelovelove,
JULIE




No comments:

Post a Comment