Sunday, September 4, 2011

TAMMY GOT MARRIED!



Tammy's wedding was more than a week ago! I can't believe it's taken me so long to post these pictures/stories from the big day!!!!



The wedding was up at Camp O-At-Ka, which is a boys summer camp up at Sebago Lake, in the town of Sebago, Maine. We had never been there before, which is apparently almost illegal if you live in Maine. It's the second biggest lake in Maine. (Fun fact.) Murdock Lake is the first. (Just kidding. It's Moosehead, I think.)



So, the wedding was Saturday the 27th. But since Kara was making the wedding cake, we needed to go up on Friday and turn the place into a commercial bakery. Success!!! Partly due to the fact that I am an excellent/pro cake holder while in the car. It takes more effort than you think. I'm skilled at holding all cakes, be they birthday, wedding, welcome home, or any other special occasion.



So my mom and I picked Kara up at her bakery on Friday afternoon and gathered up all the cake decorating supplies she would need, piled it all into the car, and make the trek up to Sebago!! Everything arrived in fine condition.



We got to the kitchen and Kara immediately took over. I loved this. It was like, 'never mind those camp workers, I'm here to make a wedding cake!!!' YES! Mutiny of the dining hall. 'Mess Hall Mutiny,' could be another one.



And now - the creation of a wedding cake! (in photos.)











Kara's gonna hate that I posted this photo of her, but I think she looks great.





































It came out so beautiful!! Kara did such an awesome job, as always.



We went home shortly after she finished the cake... since it was like, 5pm and she had been working since 3am or something crazy.



The next morning was the wedding!! Got up early to get ready. I had to go out and put gas in my car. And we headed north again!! Got there in time to get seats and socialize a little. Morgan Roy (formerly Morgan Mosher) came running over to Kara and I as soon as we got there telling us that the camp people weren't going to be moving the cake from the fridge to the hall, and that we had to do it. Morgan was acting as sort of the "day-of" coordinator. She was awesome. I hadn't seen her since high school!! WAaaayyyyy too long for someone who used to sleep over my house like, every week. Same with Kristin Otten!!!! I miss those ladies.



SO - Kara and I now knew that we needed to move the cake and that we needed to book it back to the kitchen after the ceremony.



Then it started!!







Tammy's brother Corey and her mom, Doris!!!! Corey and Kara were born just days apart. Her mom is like a second mother to us!









Morgan Bickford!! Wearing killer shoes.









Katie Brown!!







Laura Plaisted!!!! Kara is BFF with Laura's younger sister, Mary. Laura is the one who won the Maine Dream Wedding for herself and her fiance, Nolan!!!









Chelsey Coughlin!!









Laura Olsen!



What a lovely crew of bridesmaids!!!!!







Tammy!!!!! And her dad, Gary!!! :)















The ceremony was super short, but very nice. And set against a beautiful backdrop of the lake! Awww, I had tears!!!









Tammy and Josh!! First dance!!!! Josh is a great guy.











♡♡♡







Father/daughter dance!!!!!











Mother/son dance!!!!!











It was all great. Everyone did a great job dancing.



And then! The cake cutting!!!!!







Member how Kara made that?!?!



















So great!!! And the cake was delish, as is anything that Kara bakes.





Then we had a BBQ, make smores, and relaxed on the beach!!! What a beautiful spot!!













Artsy photo of Kara in front of the water.



See how her dress is that gorgeous shade of yellow? Wanna know how it got to be that shade?? Ummmm cause I dyed it. Yep. She was on the lookout for a yellow dress to wear, but instead we found a white dress. And I said, well, get it and I'll dye it yellow.



So we bought the dress and brought it home, only to discover that the dress was dry clean only, because of some plastic-y lining. So we were thinking that if we put the dress into a boiling pot of hot water, it would melt or shrink, or something else even more horrible.



But, it was down to the wire, and I said, "OKAY, we are gonna do this and it's either gonna come out awesome or it's going to be totally ruined."



And, it came out awesome. Why? Because I am an expert dye-r. Like Brittany!! (shout out to Squeaky Hindu and the Rainbow Fish, whatwhat!!) So, she was able to wear the dress and she looked totally fabulous.







That's us! Looking kinda gross, but whatevs. We're all friends here.



What a great wedding!!!! It was really fun seeing people from high school!!!



OH AND!!!!! I caught the bouquet!!!!! YEP. That was fun, haha. And the bouquets were wrapped with braided pieces of the train from Tammy's dress, which she cut off, so that is a cool thing to have.





♡ yay love! ♡





And it was kinda crazy, because the very next day the camp was semi-destroyed by the hurricane!!! It was weird like, watching that video and thinking that we were there just the day before. The wedding balloons are still up :(



Luckily, the storm did no major damage around here. We all spent the day mainly indoors. Greg came over and we started watching Smallville. The show about Superman! I have always gotten this show confused with the other show, Supernatural, which I also want to watch. Both shows are about unnatural occurrences, so I think it's okay to mistake them. But, I really like Smallville so far! We're two discs in. I mayyy or may nottt have a tiny crush on Lex Luther. The fact that everyone knows he turns out to be a bad guy is kinda sexy....???....or something.



So! That's been my week.



I went to the movies twice!!!!!! I saw Our Idiot Brother with Greg on Monday and then 30 Minutes or Less with Kara on Wednesday!!!! So fun!!! Both movies I am constantly confusing as: 1. My Idiot Boyfriend and 2. 30 Seconds or Less. But - it's okay. I really liked Our Idiot Brother. It was funny as well as heartfelt. And, he was just a guy, trying to stay happy and put his faith and trust into others, which, I don't think is such a bad way to be. Certainly not "idiotic" in my opinion.



Great week, right?!?! RIGHT. Other awesome things happened tooooo which I will talk more about later!!!!!



And then last night I saw ALIYA!!!!!!!! And her brother SAM!!!!! They were up from various cross-country locations on their annual family vacation in Ogunquit!!! And I made my usual trip over to hang out with their family!!!!!! Aliya, Sam and I had a bro night together drinking beers on the beach late at night. It was super fun.



And then this morning I saw them again!!!! We all (aliya, sam, their parents, me, my mom and kara) went to Kara's bakery and all had breakfast together! Kara was working, of course, but she was able to come out and sit for a few minutes. So nice! It was the first time my mom was meeting Aliya's parents! Which is crazy thinking about all the times I've met hers. And stayed at her house in Florida! So, that was fun.



OK! I feel like this was a great entry. Lots of great stories. And friends. Both old and new.



I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!!!!! Stay safe! Have fun!



I'll post more later about EVEN MORE exciting news!!!!!!!!







love!







ps: happy birthday kerianne!!!!! ♡





No comments:

Post a Comment