Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Post-Birthday Post!!

YAYY two posts in one day! Aren't you lucky?!

SO - here are the results of the friendship bracelet contest!!!!

During the blog party, I was receiving comments saying that people could not comment in the blog because they didn't have an account. LAME. Blogger - change that. I want ALLL your comments. Anyways, so at the last minute I posted a Facebook status update that said if you commented on the status, IT WOULD COUNT. And I ended up getting a lot of responses that way, too.

HERE ARE THE WINNERS!!!!! Congratulate them if you see them!!!

Congratulations JENN
Congratulations KERIANNE
Congratulations JOHANNA
Congratulations MEG
Congratulations GREG
Congratulations MATT

SO THOSE were the first six people to comment between the blog AND the Facebook update!! You guys are fantastic and amazing and THANK YOU for being so enthusiastic about the blog party :-)

What you have to do now is EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS!!!!! Copy and paste: captainjulie225@gmail.com into a new message and send me a cute little email!! (the only exception to this is JENN, because she literally lives across the street from me.) EVERYONE ELSE ON THAT LIST, email me your mailing address.... just in case I don't see you IRL. PLEASE! And if I happen to see you IRL, then great, you get your bracelet hand delivered.

If your name is not on that list, don't worry. There will be more opportunities for you to win friendship bracelets. And maybe more fun prizes. WHO KNOWS?! This is blogging 2.0, remember?!?!

I can't believe the great turn out we had for the blog party!!! I was watching my visitor tracking site in REAL TIME and the number of visitors kept going up! I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the whole time, haha. After it was over it was like, PHEEEEWWWW I can breathe. I was so excited.

AGAIN - Thank you everyone for coming to the party! I really, really appreciate your support and well-wishes and love. ♡


So after the blog party - we all went and danced our little faces off! IT WAS AWESOME. And I have lots of pictures to show you!

OH BUT FIRST!!!!

My friend Katie from work and I decided that one day we needed to have "twin day," because we both have the same super cute, grey sweatshirt jacket item. And we planned out this whole outfit to wear with it BUT DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY! So that when we went into work on Friday, everyone was going crazy with how cute and adorable we were :-)

And we both left at the same time, so we went outside around the building and set my iPhone up on my car and did a SELF-TIMER PHOTO!!!! (because i downloaded this free self timer app, which has actually been super helpful!)




WE'RE SO AWESOME. And cute! We both have brown boots, just different shades. YEPP we rock.


OK! So Friday night we went dancing at Central Wave in Dover, NH. Fun dancing there, as always. OMG IT WAS SO FUN.

Here are the photos from the night! And everyone thank MEG, because most of these are hers that I stole off of FB ;-)




Thought we'd start off with the classic, 'outside the bathroom, duck-face' pose. That's me and Meg! Hotties!




Look out!!!! MORE HOTTIES! That's me and Brittany! I tried to get our eyes to look less-alien, but it didn't really work. It's basically just the hottness coming out of our eyes... obvi.


THEN WE DID BIRTHDAY SHOTS!!!!!!!


That's me and Renee'!




Kara, Brittany, and Brittany!

So, we did birthday cake shots, which were actually DELICIOUS. It was sugar, the shot, and a lemon. You licked the sugar off the glass first, did the shot and then sucked the lemon. BIRTHDAY CAKE! For realz. It was great. And fun.




Danielle, me, Kara, Meg!!!! Making duck-faces and throwing up peace signs all over the place.




That's Kara and her boyfriend, Ian! He came! I was happy about that because he's a cool guy.





Meg and Danielle being hott all over the place.






SISTERS!





Gemma, Brittany and me!!!!! LOVE IT! Gem and Brit are sisters!!!! It was sister dancing night.





HEY - IT'S ANOTHER COOL GUY! It's Matt! Meg's husband! Remember I was in their wedding? Aww!!





Wow, ANOTHER cool guy! I know the coolest people. That's me and Greg, right there. Sexy as always.




Also, I know the hottest Brittanys. It's Brittany!!!! YAY! But whyyy didn't I get a picture with Jeff?!?!? Oh well, we'll just all have to go out again!




Danielle, Meg, me and a photobomb by Kara, haha.





Me and Meg as super hotties. I love this one.




Me and Brittany being super sexilicious. I love this one, too.


OOOHHH I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS. Like, for real. It was so much fun.

They played TOXIC, they played MORE, they played GAGA. It. Was. Awesome. I think Toxic was the best. OMGILOVETHATSONG.

And! As it would turn out, the owner of Central Wave was having a birthday on the 24th (the night we went out), and she found out through... Britt? that it was my birthday on the 25th, so she surprised me on the dance floor with a BIRTHDAY SHOT! Haha. It was great. Yeahhhh it was the best. Like seriously, so much freaking fun.

Then the party continued! Me, Kara, Greg and Ian went to MCDONALD'S. Yep - 24hr dining room! It was also the best. We got shakes. Or, Kara and I got shakes. They were delicious. So much fun.

Saturday was a relaxing day! My Uncle Bob came up from Boston and we hung out and then went to East for some delicious Chinese food. And then had ice cream sundae pie for dessert! With raspberry chocolate chip ice cream! My fave!

Sunday was also a relaxing day! Pretty much just hanging around. Kara and I ran some quick errands. THE ACADEMY AWARDS HAPPENED. I felt like it was anyone's game. There were no real frontrunners in any categories, I thought. So, I was happy with everyone who won. Although I wanted Moneyball to win in the Best Sound category, but I think it went to Hugo. But, Hugo was great! So, everyone was happy.

Monday! Was fun. Hung out with Greg a bit. Then went to trivia! We lost horribly, as always. But it was a fun time. Danielle came! Also, Mary!!! Who was home from break and it was lovely to see, as is always the case. NEXT WEEK - we'll get 'em.

Tuesday! I had a second interview with a company that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to work for! And I've wanted to work for them for LIKE TWO YEARS. And it would be SO SO SO AWESOME if I get this job. I'll hear by Friday. AAHHHHH I'M SO NERVOUS. It was up in Biddeford, ME, which I never go to and really didn't have any idea how to get there. But, it was easy enough, I suppose.

Tuesday evening I decided that I wanted to go see My Week With Marilyn, which was playing at The Music Hall in downtown Portsmouth. I love seeing movies there. These two ladies sitting behind me had seen a lady they knew sitting a few rows ahead and this was their conversation:

LADY 1: Oh, will you look at that, Marianne came with her new boyfriend...
LADY 2: Is that him?
LADY 1: Well he's nothing special.... He must be rich.

These were older ladies. Maybe in their 50's or 60's. I loved this exchange so much. I ended up just going by myself. I had asked a few people and nobody could come. But, I really wanted to see it. I don't think I had seen a movie alone since Revolutionary Road. It's kind of a sad experience. And My Week With Marilyn was a sad movie. So, I came out of the theater feeling kind of melancholy. Seeing everyone with their friends or boyfriends and girlfriends....

But afterwards I went over to Greg's and hung out and watched TV which was very fun. Actually, I had a great time.

Then today, back to the grind. I worked a whole 2.5 hours. I walked into the store and the first thing they said to me was,

MANAGER: Julie! I meant to call you to tell you not to come in..

There was nobody in the store. It was snowing out. So I got to go home at 5.

And now I'm home. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow!!! I need to get cracking on my friendship bracelets.

OK! I think that might be all!!

OH! I wanted to tell you that I have merged the old blog with the new blog. Entries and everything are ALL HERE. So, if you ever need to refer back to an entry to see what was going on in my life during a certain time period (as I frequently do), you can simply use the SEARCH FEATURE located on the left hand sidebar, and search for it! I like the blog merge feature. I like having it all here.

And I'm excited about the ear-piercing event! I wish there was a way we could do it live.... HHMMMMMM. There's probably no way. Unless I brought a camera crew with me.

Anyone out there work on a camera crew...??? And live in the Seacoast area? And want to come with me to get my ears pierced so we can stream it live on the web? Sounds like fun, right? I can pay you in friendship bracelets! Hmm, I wonder if there is a way.

Ruby Tuesday just jumped into my lap, so I guess it's cuddling time.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! And I hope you're enjoying LEAP DAY! Enjoy it! Take a leap of faith or something.

Uh oh, now that I put that idea into my head, I feel like I have to do something daring now. Or bold. Or brave.

TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH! Why not? There's still a few hours left in the day. All those little extra minutes that have been accumulating over the past four years... All that extra time that people complain they don't have. THIS IS IT! Use it wisely!

Ok, maybe I will, too.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! We'll talk again soon!!!


❄ ☕ ❆

2 comments:

  1. Captain Julie, sorry about missing the ribbon cutting and not responding to the "night out in Dover" invite. I've been getting over Lyme Disease with the help of an antibiotic which does a number of my stomach, so I've been a little out of sorts and haven't been getting out much.

    As for Biddeford - you probably went to Wells and took the turnpike from there, but maybe you went to Sanford, then Alfred, and took 111? If so, you were on the Carl Broggi Highway. I drive 11/202 in the Lebanon area quite a bit, but almost never go between Alfred and Biddeford. So, I've gotten used to seeing "Carl Broggi Highway" signs in Lebanon and was pretty surprised a few months ago to see the same name on a stretch of 111. I mean, how great do you have to be to have two fast roads named after you? Looks like "not incredibly great...but still pretty cool."

    http://www.paulauger.com/halloffame/inductees/Broggi.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I've never dared to go to a movie alone while single. I admire your chutzpah!

    ReplyDelete