Friday, September 25, 2009

lovely awkward boys

here we go.

i was up very early this morning searching and searching for the Jason Schwartzman interview on Craig Ferguson last night. it was not up online until mid-afternoon. this upset me because i searched for a long time in the morning.

but! it was worth the wait. it's a totally awkward interview, which is exactly what i was expecting/what i wanted. Jason is just so delightful in interviews.

he talks a lot about his wife. and then he tells the story of how they met. which is both heartbreaking and charming. it's like, jealousy mixed with total happiness. a weird feeling. i'm coming to terms.

anyways, him and Craig have a good time together and they plan a trip to India. which is humorous.

and, if none of this has enticed you to watch, well, Jason also is wearing a plaid shirt. delicious.

i kind of wish they had talked about his music. i think Craig is a drummer as well. but, oh well. i am satisfied for now.

alright! i think i might head to the grocery store for a little while. actually, i don't really want to do that. we'll see.


have a great night!!


<3

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie -

    Today my grandparents came to see me in my little room with no kitchen, which is full of dishes because the landlady has told me I can no longer wash my dishes in the bathroom sink (which is the only sink) because it clogs it, so could I please wash my dishes outside in the hose spout, k'thanks. They took me grocery shopping and brought me a hotplate (so I can make pasta!), a folding table, and an old tv and dvd player that my uncle who works at Best Buy has donated to the Elizabethian cause. Later, after they left, my mother's old computer that she sent me because my beautiful little Mac has died a horrible horrible death, arrived in the mail. It was a good day. More importantly, it means I am one job away from a Netflix account of my very own - that is, once I get I job, I get Netflix. This made me think of you, and how I love you. Soon we will be Netflix sisters.

    Yesterday I went to a reading at the Harry Ransom Center, which is part of the University of Texas. They have an Edgar Allen Poe exhibit going on because it's the 200th anniversary of his birth - kind of funny, considering he's mostly well known for his catastrophic death, but whatever. The reading was of a lot of EAP short stories and poems for a radio show called 'selected shorts', and I mostly went because I've kind of had a forever crush on Rene Abergenois who was one of the readers. It was really excellent, except that I hate going to events by myself. There was a really talkative guy in the seat next to me and that's KIND of like being with people, except not really. Later, when I was biking home, it was really dark and I was going through residential streets with no streetlights, so the only thing I could see was the steeple of one of the neighborhood churches, which was lit up by spotlights. All the lights attracted the moths and all the moths attracted nighthawks, which are these gorgeous birds that come out at night and eat bugs, like bats, but their wings are curved and they look like little boomerangs sweeping around the steeple, and when they get close you can see the white stripes on their wings. I rode into the parking lot across the street and watched them for minutes. It was beautiful.

    Anyway, I love you and I just wanted to check in. Any time you want to come to Texas is the time you should come see me!

    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete