Friday, September 4, 2009

recover and announcement

i am currently recovering from a little situation i just had. a tiny sitch. all day this paranoia about my earring had been growing. it lay moribund for a while this afternoon. stagnant. and then i couldn't stop playing with it. i could always feel it in my ear.

and then i washed my hair. and then i just couldn't stand it anymore. so, in a brave and daring state of julie, i took out my earring. and i cleaned it. i cleaned the hole in my ear. there's this huge red area under the earring back which i am not happy about. i have a feeling it will be there forever. and i let everything soak for a few seconds in a mixture of warm water and kosher salt. which i keep on hand in my bathroom.

and then i put the earring back in. but then i took it out again because i didn't like it.

but then i eventually put it back in. i hate hate hate very strongly the feeling of the earring going in. it's like nails on a chalkboard. tin foil on your teeth. it makes me cringe to the highest degree.

now is one of those rare times where i can't feel the earring in.

ugh it drives me up a wall.

if you are thinking of getting you ear pierced, or any other part of you pierced, i would not recommend it. it just causes a state of paranoia to set in for the rest of your life.

that's my story.

my big announcement was something that i decided a few day ago. i don't know why i haven't told you yet.

here it is:

i am growing my hair out.

it's true. i thought for a while that i was going to cut my hair. get a little snip. but, i have decided no. i am going to grow it out very long. long enough so i can put it over my shoulder. and tie it with an elastic and have it stay there all day. that's the goal.

i'm also growing my bangs out. i think that part will suck. all the inbetween stages of bangs. but, i'm gonna do it. i've got headbands. i've got bobbi pins. got some scarves. i'm ready to tackle the bangs stages.

and then once all these processes of growth are finished, i may go blonde again. we'll see. long blonde hair over my shoulder. sounds kind of like magic.

anyways. that's the big news of the day.

the sun is setting right now. the sky is orange. i can see it from my window. it's great.

had some eggs this morning. some multi-grain toast. some coffee. haven't been doing much. i was going to go to the post office and get my Veronica Mars. but, i didn't. i'm not really sure why. i kind of forgot about it until late. and then eh. i just didn't want to leave.

finished watching I Love You, Man. paul rudd. jason segal. i liked it. i had seen the first 3/4 a few weeks ago at my house. and i left the netflix disc there for my mom and kara to finish. and then my mom mailed it to me to finish. so i did this morning.

good movie. a good bromance. you can never have enough bromance, in my opinion.

my left pinky finger has been hurting all day. anyone know what that means? i can't get it to stop hurting.

went to bed around 5am this morning. couldn't sleep. alarm went off at noontime. Ruby Tuesday was clawing at my arm which hurt a lot. so i got up and fed her. and then went back to sleep. woke up at 1:57.

i think i still might be able to get to sleep early tonight because i'm still feeling pretty tired.

might do some painting. i have this paper. and i have these paints. and i have to write letters to people. so, i was going to jazz up the paper with the paints and then write my letters. i thought that might be fun. maybe i'll even light a candle.

alright. that's all for now. i wish i had internet in other places in my apartment besides my living room. even in my kitchen it's not as strong. the siggy goes in and out. (that's signal) i really want to sit at my kitchen table and be online. but, it doesn't work that way. i don't really understand why. i'm guess because the wireless airport device is on the first floor. and i'm up here on the third.

whatev. i'm just happy to have free internet.

i'm so excited about seeing my family tomorrow, i can't even tell you. i'm so happy about it.

alright. i'm gonna go. Miss Tuesday is sitting behind me on the arm of the couch. she's doing well today. took a nap in my bed, on the red chair by the window, on her futon, on the red chair again, on my lap, back on the futon, and now she's getting sleepy on the couch. she's had a busy day of napping and looking out the window. it's a hard life for us here on the third floor.

the sun is set. i'm gonna go put on my ipod and light a candle. you probably won't believe that i am going to light a candle, so i'll take a picture. and i'll post it.

k. be well. love you. hope you had a great day. i really like talking to you. i hope you know that.

take care.


<3

1 comment:

  1. julie! when my earrings/ear holes start hurting, i take out the earring and clean it and the ear and then put it back in and it usually clears up within a day or two! you did the right thing in my opinion! don't worry!
    love
    aliya

    ReplyDelete