Thursday, December 24, 2009

coast to coast like butter and toast

i am so excited to talk to you today. i can't figure out why, because i don't really have anything to tell you. but i seem to always find something. so, let's go.

first of all, (i guess i do have something important), let me tell you about my new friend, Julian.

yes, that's right. Julian Casablancas and i have finally met. and i'm now following him on twitter, so it's official.

i came home from work last night at 10:30. sat down in my kitchen, and bought his cd on itunes for $5.99.

and i listened to it all the way through once. and i really liked it. and then i listened to it again all the way through. and i still really liked it.

and so let it be known that i am a Julian Casablancas fan. now he can stop following me around the internet.

but! i think i figured out WHY he was the number one search on Yahoo yesterday: he performed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon!!!

AND!!! not only did he perform, but he performed the SNL Christmas song with Jimmy and special guest Horatio Sans!!!!!!

you know the skit where they wear red sweaters and hold musical instruments and be silly while singing the song? YEAH!!!!

and! he has a recording of the song, which i also bought and added to my Christmas playlist.

SO, what YOU MUST DO, is watch this video. because now that i've finally figured out who Julian Casablancas IS, and now that i know his songs and like his music, YOU must embrace this with me. and, come on, we all love the SNL christmas song.

Julian, Horatio, Jimmy and The Roots, "I Wish It Was Christmas Today."

yes!

i think he sounds like Rufus Wainwright. and he kind of looks like him too. and in the digital liner notes for the cd, he special thanks Drew Barrymore and Jason Schwartzman. so, that made me super happy.

OH! speaking of Schwartzman.

Happy Birthday Robert! today is Robert's birthday. christmas eve. he is 27 today. a glorious day for music.

two people wished me Merry Christmas today!

1. the postal worker who gave me my mail (not the ruggedly handsome one)
2. the man who held the door for me at the post office

i promise you - the people in the post office are the best. i have had so many good encounters there. it's a place of peace and happiness.

and then i had to go to JoAnn Fabrics. it was a semi-madhouse to be driving around. i had to park really far away. but it was okay, because i am in such a good mood today.

like this entire month. there has not been a bad day since december started. remember? i was so excited for it to begin. and then i have just been so happy and excited ever since.

it's currently 2:15pm. i watched an episode of True Blood this afternoon. because nothing says Merry Christmas like blood and sex.

man i did not want to get out of bed this morning. i set my alarm fro 10:15am. which is like, the middle of the night. and i kept hitting snooze until 11am. Ruby was right in my face for like, half an hour trying to get me up. she was a hungry girl. and i REALLY debated whether or not i wanted those Netflix.

but, in the end, something came over me and i jumped out of bed, got ready, and left.

and i got some wonderful things in the mail!

1. card from my mom for me and Ruby
2. card from Kerianne and Noel
3. present from Kerianne and Noel!!!!!

Kerianne sent me a wonderful gift of clip on earrings!!!! all her old ones!!!!! because she now has pierced ears!!!! so now i have some fantastic new earrings!!!!! i am very excited about this. i think i will wear a new pair to work tonight.

at 3:30pm today, in just 70 short minutes, i start my marathon 40.5 hours of work!! straight through!!!

3:30pm thursday until 8am on saturday.

i think Christmas day will be a very low-key day. possibly including chinese food and going to see a movie. and there are some people who want to come over and bring presents. i don't know who they are.

last night i was thinking about christmas. and how this is the second time in my life that i haven't been home. (last year i had to work too) and how it's just really one day. and i will have christmas this weekend with my family in maine. but, it will still be special, even though it's not happening on friday.

and yeah, i'll be spending christmas at work. but it will still be special.

i hope you have a wonderful day. wherever you are. however you celebrate. whoever you're with.

i had a bad headache last night. and it went away. and then i woke up with another bad headache. i think that was one of the reasons i didn't want to get up. i also had a sore throat again.

but the headache. man. not fun. i took some ibuprofen and it went away.

so! besides Julian Casablancas, there has been another celebrity popping up everywhere in my life.

Lizzy Caplan. aka Janis Ian from Mean Girls.

she is on Party Down, which i've been watching. and then! she shows up on True Blood!! i wasn't expecting that. she looks so different from Janis Ian, it's crazy.

i guess that's only two places i've found her. unlike Julian, who followed me everywhere. but still, it's funny.

AND NOW, i would like to leave you with a quote. something to think about this holiday season. it may brighten your day. it sure did mine. it's a beautiful, elegant quote and speaks to the very depths of my heart.

enjoy,


"I think the next part of my life, I'm just going to be incredibly hott and sexy. Kinda like that dude in the movie. George Clooney. I'll just be him for a while."

--Joe "Mr. Sexy" Fenstermaker



<3

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I knew that Lizzy Caplan was in Party Down, but I had forgotten about her role in Mean Girls.

    ReplyDelete