Tuesday, October 26, 2010

'please forgive me, i want to go home.'

So, for the record, I've been at my job like, exactly two years. TODAY. TWO YEARS. I first came on a Tuesday for staff meeting. And it was the Tuesday before Halloween. Which is today.

And I looked super cute that day, and I also look super cute today. Not intentional, but still worth mentioning. I had a bit of a time getting my hair right this morning, but eventually in the last minute, it all came together.

And not only do I have a super cute outfit - but I have nail stickers on my teal nails. YEP. A white flower, a pink flower, a silver heart and a lime green star. I know, you're totally jealous.

Anyways, back to the job. I've been here two years. Wow. That seems kind of crazy. Almost every night. Almost every day. HERE. Upstairs in my apartment, by 10pm. Some nights 9pm. And sometimes like right now, where I'm working for 36 hours straight. 9pm on Monday until 9:30am on Wednesday.

In other work news:

After being here for two years, I have decided that it's time for me to move on. Onto what? Good question! If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. So, yes, I will be leaving Hannah House. My last day is 11 November. I gave my notice back in the beginning of October, but until everyone here was properly informed, I did not want to talk about it in the blog.

I'm really excited and also relieved that I'm leaving here. These last few months have been a challenge to keep focused, motivated and engaged, and I had really been struggling to hold on a bit longer, a little bit longer, just a little bit longer.... until I simply decided that I really wasn't happy and needed to get happy.

NOW. As for the plan post-HH. Hey, good question! The immediate plan after is to move back to Maine and live with my mom and Kara for a while. I'm okay with this. I'm excited about this. At some point in the future, Kara wants to go back to school in Providence, and I will move down with here. This point seems to be moving further and further away... which was not the case when I made my decision to leave.... but I'm okay with that.

What I'm focused on right now is making the best out of the last 2.5 weeks I have here. I will miss my coworkers. In any of my future jobs, whatever they may be, I don't ever expect to find such nice, warm, incredible people to work with. I'm so thankful to have worked with them.

So. That's what's been going on. Immediately after telling my boss that I would be leaving, it was this huge relief. Like, this giant weight had been lifted. I felt so much better. Which made me realize that it was the right decision.

AND. I've been feeling a lot like I need to somehow justify this decision so people won't judge me for leaving my job during a job/economic crisis. Maybe it seems crazy. It probably is. And, if I lived somewhere else then where I worked, it would be a totally different story. But I can't live here and work here anymore, and although I feel that nobody really gets that unless you've lived here too, I still feel like I don't want to justify it.

And it's days like today where I can't wait to leave, haha. Yeahhhh, the day started off super quiet then gradually got louder and louder until now it just seems like constant screaming.

And I'm super tired. I wasn't very tired when I went to bed, but I took some Tylenol PM, which has Benedryl in it to make you sleepy. But - did it work? Ummm, IDK. It still took me like, almost an hour and a half to get to sleep. Fell asleep around 1:30ish, woke up at 6:20am to feed Ruby, went back to sleep for like, 5 minutes and then woke up at like, 7am for work. YUCK.

TONIGHT, I'll go to bed early and then TOMORROW I'm working again at 8am. Only until 9-9:30am. BUT - I'm gonna try and stay awake the whole day so that I can get stuff done and then go to bed early again tomorrow night so I can get up early on THURSDAY so I can get to Boston to have as much hang out time in the afternoon with Emily and David as possible.

And then Friday starts the big adventure. BIG ADVENTURE. And wanna know what my horoscope said for today? You do?! It said this:

"Set some time aside today for planning your next big adventure. Be extravagant."

YEP! Basically in Julie language that says,

"OMG have a super fun time on your awesome Crash Kings roadtrip weekend! You deserve this!!!"

And then, another horoscope for today said:

"More often than not, emotional situations don't work out the way they should -- like they do in the movies, that is -- but now, thanks to something that happened recently under highly unusual circumstances, a magical ending could actually be on the agenda. Do your part. Dreams do come true."

DREAMS. DO. COME. TRUE. Either that's referring to the Disney World vaca I'm planning, or something else AWESOME is going to happen.

Ohhhh man, I'm so tired.

Anyways, I really wanted this post to be about my job and the transition that's going to be happening in my life. So, I'll be back in Maine for a while... if ANY OF YOU ARE THERE, make sure you hit me up so we can hang. Yep, I just said that.

SOOOOoooo, I hope everyone is having a great day. And also a great week. Keep me updated on your lives, as I am always interested.

I'm only working like, 19 more hours. COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!

Ok, take care. Be well, dear readers.


LOVE!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your last workday! Can't wait for adventure times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this news!!! so happy for you. come stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!
    i love you and i'm so excited for your adventures.
    i hope you can escape the winter for a little bit and adventure on down south.... Disney World!

    ReplyDelete