Friday, October 15, 2010

the surface

Dear Friends,

Just a few things to talk about today.


#1: I talk about Bored to Death a lot. Mainly because Jason Schwartzman is the star, and I will love him forever. Like, forever. And I guess I talk about it like it's the best thing ever. Well, because it is. And that was not just a poll of me, it's a nationally recognized FACT.




This is a photo I took of the "Must List," featured every issue of Entertainment Weekly. It's a list of things you MUST watch, read, listen to, go to, whatever. And what is number one? Oh yeah - BORED TO DEATH. NUMBER ONE.

HOW GREAT is that?! Um, sooooo great. So, now you must watch.



2: If you are ANYWHERE in Connecticut tonight, you must drive to Hamden to The Space and see Breakthrough Frequencies, my friend Holden's band. I wish I could have gone, but I have no extra time off work. If you can't make it out, however, you can at least watch their pretty awesome music video for their song, 'Blood=Water.'



3. Last night I slept for 13 hours.



4. Last night while sleeping for 13 hours, I had a dream that I was at the three Crash Kings shows that I'll be at (PA, NY, DC) and my mom was there too, as well as our neighbors, the Demers family. And also, my CK friends, Ryan, Jo and Anna. We were in DC and Crash Kings were about to go on. And they were playing in this train station. Kara wasn't there because she was catering a party for the Demers family, except they weren't there. But then there was a problem and they needed to leave, so they asked my mom if she needed a ride back, and she said, "no, I think I'll stay." BECAUSE, my mom secretly wants to see Crash Kings very badly. But they keep not playing in Boston on days when she can go.

Great dream, right?! I can't wait for the day when my mom comes to a Crash Kings show with me. Portsmouth didn't count, because Tony was in a bad mood the whole time and there was hardly any music.



5.



If you look very close, you can see a little Ruby Tuesday face under those blankets. This was the scene when we woke up this afternoon. Early in the morning, or sometimes late in the morning, Ruby Tuesday always crawls under the blankets and sleeps right up next to me. It's official: she's the cutest thing in the world.



6. Jim's Pancakes. I love this guy and I wish he was my husband. Kind of. Actually, I wish he was my personal chef. Yes, that's what I wish. He is a pancake artist. Well, technically he's just a normal dad, but he creates beautiful pancake art!!! My favorite is the Pancake Carousel, the Pancake Airplane, the Pancake Ferris Wheel and the Spaceship Pancake. Seriously - CHECK THIS OUT. You will be amazed, as I am. And, this guy, Jim, has maybe the cutest little daughter ever.



7. Children love Crash Kings. I think Tony would be very happy about this, since he's always talking about making Crash Kings music accessible for kids to learn. But it's true - children love Crash Kings.

Please view these children covering, 'Mountain Man.' They're really quite good. And adorable.

And then, please view this child making the next "official music video" for 'Mountain Man.' This one's pretty funny. And also adorable.



8. My friend Keith and I have been exchanging music recommendations, and he recommended that I start listening to this band called Blitzen Trapper. I'm pretty sure I have heard of this band before - but I REALLY like them. You should start listening to them too. I get kind of a 'Bob Dylan' vibe from the guy's voice.



9. I made cookies tonight.



10. I think that's all! It's been raining a lot. It down poured all last night and all day today. I like it.


Anyways. Any cool plans for the weekend? I'm doing nothing special. Just working. And, that's probably it. Lame, right? Right. Alright, well, I hope everyone had a great week and is having a fun, exciting Friday night. I'm not. I'm actually working right now. I was planning on grocery shopping a bit today, but, was called into work instead. So, that's that.

I'll talk to you all later! Take care.


loveLOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment