Friday, October 22, 2010

welcome to the rollercoaster ride

SO!! I know technically it's Saturday, seeing as it's after midnight - buuttttt seeing as Friday was such an important day, let's pretend it's still Friday.

What's so exciting about Friday, you ask? Well, let me tell you...

It's Zac Hanson's birthday, duhh!!!!!! He turned 25 today! How could you forget?? This is a birthday I have been celebrating for like, 12 years.

Zac Hanson, of course of the popular brother band, Hanson. Love them :) And tonight, I watched a live stream of Taylor smashing a birthday cake in Zac's face. That's right - LIVE STREAM. I couldn't miss any minute of the action. It was worth it.

This is only the second time I've tuned into a Hanson live stream. The first was a few weeks ago when there were rumors that the band was breaking up. And they were going to address the rumors in a live stream.

RESULT? Um, FALSE, duh! Hanson is still going strong. It was worth staying up until like, 3:30am with a horrible cold. I wouldn't have been able to sleep otherwise.


I'm fairly certain that all I've done so far with this entry is embarrass myself. So, let's move on.


So, I've been having a hard time sleeping. Allll day Thursday I was tired, because I didn't get to sleep until like, after 5am the previous night. So, I was super excited to get into bed. And even more excited that I was all ready to go to bed at like, 12:45am. SUPER early.

So, I get into bed. Get comfy. And I try to go to sleep for like, 2 hours. It just wasn't happening.

I got up. I read that something good to eat when you're trying to fall asleep is french bread! Which I had! I also had tomatoes all mixed together with herbs, so I made bruschetta! YUMMM. One of my faves. And I drank some chamomile tea, also good for sleeping.

And, I had been wanting to watch the movie 'Lords of Dogtown,' so I put that in. Technology is not good when you're trying to sleep. But hey, Emile Hirsch and Heath Ledger. Also, I really like that movie. A lot more than I ever thought I would. I just really wish I could skateboard like that! Or, at all. It just looks like so much fun! Even when I pass the skate park here, I always slow down and watch the kids. Yeah, like a creep, but whatevs.

Anyways, while the movie was playing, I sorted through this huge bag of loose change that I've had since college. And I counted all of it. I had like, $45. Seriously!!! Nice, right? See - all you people who think I don't know what it means to save money - I do know!!! I just would rather spend my money on Crash Kings concerts. (WHICH IS HAPPENING NEXT WEEK OMG.)

So finally, around 5am, I thought I would be tired enough to go to sleep. And I was. And I slept from 5am until 11am! That almost never happens. And then from 11:45am to 2pm.

Also, I was nervous last night because Ruby Tuesday kept going crazy around the house and she kept running in to the bathroom to look at something. Or, play with something. And I kept thinking, "OMG THERE'S ANOTHER BAT IN THE HOUSE." Because remember the last bat came in the week before the Crash Kings shows in August? And I was like, "if this bat gives me rabies and I can't go see Crash Kings - I'm gonna be so mad."

And I started thinking the same things last night! Like, "why do these bats want to keep me away from Crash Kings?!?!" Maybe they're being sent by my mother and my sister.

But, there was no bat. And I was happy about that. Also I mean, it's around Halloween. That's like prime bat season.

The rest of today was spent dyeing my hair. I needed to re-bleach the teal streaks because my roots were pretty bad. And I bought this cheaper version of SUPER BLONDE called BORN BLONDE. It was a dollar cheaper, AND - I think it worked better. My hair was streaked with bleach blonde. Ooooo I really liked it. I thought about just blondeing my whole head. But, then decided no.

So, my hair is now re-tealed. And it looks hotttttt.

Tomorrow, the plan is working. Lame. It should be super quiet. I mean, that's what I'm anticipating. It could really change on a dime. Is that the right expression? Change on a dime? Or is it, 'drop of a dime?' Or is that, 'drop of a hat?' No, I think it's 'change on a dime.' Maybe not. Whatevs.

I turned on my heat today. Yep... I gave in. I thought I was gonna have to last night, but I resisted. Today was the day. It was pretty freezing in here, even in a sweatshirt and fleece socks. And so the whole day it smelled like gas in here. Gross. It's pretty much gone now. Or, maybe I'm getting so intoxicated by it, I'm just getting used to it. Ohhhh I hate that heater. It makes me so nervous.

The heat in this apartment, for those of you who don't know, is basically like a fire place. It's one big unit of fire in the kitchen and the heat just travels through the rooms. No baseboards or whatever. Yep. I'm living like a pioneer. In the old country.

I might take my hot water bottle to bed with me tonight.

Hmmm. What else was I going to talk about? I feel like I had a list.

So! I can't wait for next weekend. It's going to be awesome. Starting on Thursday! I'm meeting up with Emily and David for dinner!!! Yaayyyyy!! I guess I'll just take the T into Central Square like I did the last time I saw them! So funn!!

And I'll stay at Ryan's house Thursday night. Friday afternoon we'll leave for Philadelphia! Show Friday night. Stay in Philadelphia Friday night. Leave Saturday for NYC! Show at Irving Plaza Saturday night! Then, we're driving back to Philadelphia to stay with Ryan's friend (who we're staying with Friday night too). Sunday, we have to get up early to get to Washington, DC!! Doors are at 4:30pm. Apparently it's an early show.... ??? Strange. But good! Because we're driving from DC to Boston after, so it'll be good to get a semi-early store. I mean, start. Early stores are good though, too. Then I'll sleep for a bit at Ryan's house, probs, and then I think spend Monday night in Maine, since Kara has Mondays off. YESSSSS.

I feel this trip will be epic. It reminds me of the first trip Ryan and I took together, to Albany, then to NJ, then to Boston. And I'm excited to spend time in Philadelphia. Even if it's just sleeping time and eating time.

Okkkk. I think I'm gonna make some tea and watch Grey's Anatomy from last night.

Everyone have a great week??? Tell me about it!!!!! Tell me about your awesome plans for this weekend!!!!! I really want to hear about them.

Ok, great. Take care! Have a great night :)


love,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment