Saturday, October 30, 2010

NEW YORK CITY, HELLO!!

Um, yeah, tonight happened. WOW. Tonight happened.

1. We had no problems getting into Manhattan. I kind of rule driving in New York City.
2. I SAW JOE. Joe who I lived with at Hampshire! And who I went to Ireland with! We sat in Union Square tonight for like, 2 hours and caught up with each others lives. SOFREAKINGGREAT. #imissmyfriends

3. CRASH KINGS. Crash. freaking. Kings. Um, they ruled the night. Jason has been KILLING on the drums these past two nights. Tonight, Tony and Mike's parents and one of their cousins and her husband was there. And this got me really excited, because we all know how much their parents love me. Aanndd - they still do. I went up to them after the show and they were happy to see me. Their mom told the cousin about how we all met in Portsmouth and talked for a while after the show. With my mom.

And then Tony came over and was SO HAPPY to see his parents. It was kind of the most adorable thing happening in the world at that moment. And then he saw us and smiled and said,

TONY: Look, I saw you guys last night, I NEVER get to see these guys...... NO - I'M TOTALLY KIDDING!!! You guys are the BEST!! We love you! You guys are the best Crash Kings fans ever!

And then he totally gushed about us for a minute or two. All while screaming in our faces, because Anberlin had already started to play, so it was loud. He was like, half a foot away from me, screaming in my face that I was the best. UUUMMMMMMM YEAH.

We didn't want to keep him very long though, because his parents and cousin that he hadn't seen in 5 years (and who had gotten married in that time, because Tony was just meeting her husband) were there, so we kept it short, being the awesome, nice people that we are.

But he said he would see us tomorrow in DC and that he wasn't sure if they would dress up, because it was last minute, "like everything we do," I think he said.

UM, did I mention that he was screaming in my face that I was the best? Because yeah, he was. Um, yeah.

AAANNNNDDDDD now I'm exhausted. I feel like we've driven the whole length of New Jersey like, three times in two days. Oh wait, we kind of have. Almost the length.


THINGS I STILL WANT ON THIS TRIP:

1. Mike hug

OR:

1. Some interaction with Mike

So far, he's been MIA from the post-show hangouts. Maybe he knows it will take too much effort to resist our amazing charm. I guess that makes sense. There's still DC, which is where we will be tomorrow.

Um, I'm going to Washington, DC today! I think that's pretty cool. I like DC. Although we won't be spending much time there, we will be spending our time the best way possible and THAT is at a Crash Kings show.

OK. I'm exhausted now from getting lost in Philadelphia tonight while 'You Got Me' was playing. We blame the raunchy, sweaty song because it's very hard to focus on directions when it's playing. Seriously, we got lost in the train station parking lot for like, 10 minutes.

And also: The parking situation in Philadelphia needs to be amended in some way.

Anyways - I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow night we're driving home after the DC show, so I probs won't be blogging until..... Monday or Tuesday. Monday night I'm off, but spending it in Maine. #excited

I've been using hashtags a lot in my real life which I'm kind of worried about.

Anyways, I'll talk to you all later. Have a lovely Halloween! Be safe! Check your candy! Don't eat any razors. Have fun :)

Love you guys.


::really::good::night::

No comments:

Post a Comment