Friday, October 29, 2010

PHILADELPHIA, HELLO!

I'm in Philadelphia right now. (here's where I would say the city's nickname if I knew it. Like, "the windy city." or, "the big apple." I don't Philadelphia's.)

So far - I like it here. I'm staying in this super nice apartment with Ryan's best friend, Stephan. He's got a black cat that is sometimes named Benjamin, sometimes named Kitty. We've been listening to great music, such as the remastered Beatles tracks, which will kind of blow your mind. Like, for real, guys.


UMMMMM......OH YEAH. WE SAW CRASH KINGS TONIGHT. For the first time in ALMOST 3 months. Which is the longest it's ever been. And folks, you don't know how GOOD it felt to be out there, rocking, tonight. Like, standing in a huge, sweaty crowd elbow to elbow with strangers, singing at the top of my lungs and watching our boys in amazement.

This was my Sweet 16th show. If I had planned it better, I probably could have gotten MTV to cover it. This band still amazes me in their ability to MESMERIZE YOU. It's an incredible feeling, being at one of their shows.

After they played, we headed towards the back waiting to chat with them. We waited a while.

Finally, Tony walked by, saw us, smiled kind of big and said,

TONY: Heeyyy! I'll be right back, I got to go say hi to some people...

And me and Ryan were like,

ME AND RYAN: UMMM OKAY.

He said he was coming back. Night was already made.

Then he comes back a little while later. I had decided during this waiting period that I wanted a Tony Hug tonight. After all, it was my Sweet 16th show. So he comes back, I outstretch my arms and go in for the hug. Mmmm.

AND THEN HE PROCEEDED TO HANG OUT WITH US FOR LIKE, 15 MINUTES.

Um, he loves us. It was super fun. And, he played air piano, which is the greatest thing EVER to watch Tony do. Ryan and Tony were talking about 'My Love' and the chords in the... pre-chorus? The last chord in the pre-chorus, I think. And he was trying to figure out what it was, so obviously he needed to play air piano to do that.

Yeah, it was a great hangout sesh with Tony. And then Jason came over, gave us hugs and hung out too. They're SO GREAT. And like, they seemed SERIOUSLY happy to see us.

OMG I kind of can't believe that happened. Like, I can't believe how much of my life this past year has been spent hanging out with Crash Kings.

Tony asked us if we were coming to any of the other shows, and we told him we'd see him in NYC and in DC and seriously, his face lit up. Him and Jason were so happy. :) They love us.

Um, duh, how could they not love us - WE ROCK. And we felt like total rockstars walking out of that place. Jason actually gave us goodbye hugs too. Yeahhhh.

GREAT SHOW. Tony said that today (saturday) he was going to pick up this keyboard he bought on eBay that was used in the playing of a Radiohead song. He was super excited about it and totally geeked out telling us about it. He's so great. Like, for real.

OKAY. I have to go to bed. We have to move my car at 10am and then I think we're going to brunch. Ya know, brunch in Philadelphia.

And then head North to NYC where...... I'M MEETING UP WITH JOE!!!!!! Joe who I used to live with!!!!!! Joe who I haven't seen since..... Dublin? Seriously? No, that can't be right. I haven't seen Joe since we parted ways in the Dublin airport?? OMG. So, that should be super fun.

AND THEN MORE CRASH KINGS.

I'll do a full update when I get back home because Thursday was just THE BEST DAY. I had the absolute best time with Emily and David it was INSANE. I just love them. LOVE. THEM.

OK. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! A safe but exciting Halloween! I'll probably update again after tomorrow's show. Hopefully.


OHHHHH THIS WEEKEND IS SO GREAT.



(I'm just really happy.) ♥♥

♥♥♥

1 comment: